account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

Genius
Message 1 of 45
Message 1 of 45

5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

I use my own sound files stored on sd card mp3 format

if I set the alarm sound using one of these it crashes the clock app - no problem using default system sounds

if I set the ringtone using one of these the tones only rings once not repeated - np problem using default ringtones

minor error but still not working correctly

44 REPLIES 44
Genius
Message 2 of 45
Message 2 of 45

Re: 5.1.1. bug report

camera stops working after taking several photos, needs reboot

click sound disappears when taking photo just before this happens

clearing cache etc has no effect

Emperor
Message 3 of 45
Message 3 of 45

@GeoffH

Have you reinstall the latest update?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 4 of 45
Message 4 of 45

tbh I flashed a prerooted rom which could be the problem going to restore a backup as see where I'm at

Genius
Message 5 of 45
Message 5 of 45

same problem also reported by another user on XDA

something to note as this may be sound related, the shutter sound stops working but I can keep taking pictures it is only when I close the camera it won't open again, and as I said above if I use a custom sound for alarm it crashes the clock app and custom ringtones only ring once not continuous ..............................something weird about the sounds and how 5.1.1 is interacting with them on the camera and clock app

One time poster
Message 6 of 45
Message 6 of 45

The issue of Xperia Z1 with the latest Android 5.1.1

After updated latest android 5.1.1 for Xperia Z1,the Camera black screen and wont work after few minute and not able to use it again even reopen nor force stop it and the issue will appear when restart the phone again.
Thank you!!
Message 7 of 45
Message 7 of 45

Re: The issue of Xperia Z1 with the latest Android 5.1.1

Did you try to clear the cache?

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Camera -> Clear data and restart your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 8 of 45
Message 8 of 45

Updated to 5.1 via PC Companion last night. Unable to use my phone since. Every time I try to turn it on, I get the "Adroid is Starting" message, and it optimizes all my apps. When it finally completes this process, the boot-up never fully completes and the phone restarts and the process starts all over again.

I had read on a forum for the 5.1 update on the nVidia Shield that this Optimization Boot Loop was due to the fact that "Move App to SD" is no longer available natively in 5.1, and that Android gets stuck in a loop trying to build an rebuild the ART runtime in relation to any apps you have on your SD card.

I've tried booting with the SD card removed, but I get the same issue. Can anyone advise how I do a factory reset without being able to fully boot the OS, and I don't have PC Companion available to me at the moment???

One time poster
Message 9 of 45
Message 9 of 45

Have same problem with sound/ringtones as GeoffH. I've noticed that sound selector hangs if any custom sound is selected.

Looks like another bug making this phone hardly useable. 

Regular
Message 10 of 45
Message 10 of 45

Hi . There is not much that you can do without your pcc on a boot looped device . At least if there is i am not aware of it.(official way you can also use flash tool and ...)
You have to launch a system repair using pcc . Open pcc and dont connect your phone to the computer .Click support zone then click phone \tablet update click on blue zone in error page that pops up . follow the instructions given by pcc.