account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

Enthusiast
Message 31 of 45
Message 31 of 45

Re: 5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

@Rickard,what is your private email so that i can send you a log file.

Genius
Message 32 of 45
Message 32 of 45

ok so I have completely reinstalled everything on 5.1.1 after doing a factory reset, the phone is now more or less as it was before except on 5.1.1 and have not found any issues so far, so the must have been some sort of corruption in the system partition, if I find anything else I will post a message

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 45
Message 33 of 45

Re: 5.1.1. bug report

hi @alexdon and your support team,

I eventually understand that whenever Xperia z1 upgrades to a new version in the future,there will be a bug(a bug of an app which including in Android phone) come along with it always .

What I tried to resolve my 2 issues was to do both repair the phone via PCC software and Factory Reset method .Now,my phone does seem to be ok.

P.S I really hate to resolve by concentrating with 2 methods but i think one of two method resolution could be acceptable to me even i don't like them because i had to reconfig my phone again on and on.I am sick and tired of upgrading to a new Android version on Android platform.

Thank for listening.

Adept
Message 34 of 45
Message 34 of 45

5.1.1. Camera issue

Same, capture this error too after upgraded to 5.1.1 and next day first time using the camera,

camera_error.JPG

One time poster
Message 35 of 45
Message 35 of 45

Sony Xperia Z1 Camera error please help

Hello. I have a question. I am the owner Xperia Z1. And I have a problem. Namely, since the last update (5.1.1 I think) I'm still a problem with the camera. Take pictures and after restarting the camera shows this message (picture below), and so all the time. Camera with Instagrama, Facebook and so too did not work but it is a black screen. Stopping the application settings so or not working. Please help
Inhabitant
Message 36 of 45
Message 36 of 45

Lots of problems after 5.1.1 update 1.when wifi is turned on,battery is draining rapidly and the device is getting heated upto 61degree celcius. 2.phone is lagging specially with wifi being turned on. 3.movies app crashes as i fast forward the file playing in it.
Genius
Message 37 of 45
Message 37 of 45

this problem has returned as described in the first 2x posts on this thread

camera and clock/alrms sound selection, seems to be linked to sound file integration, has been working fine for a few days

grrrrrrrrrrr

along with the battery status issues (described in another thread) for me this has become highly annoying and has almost rendered my phone unusable

going to see if I can capture a log

update - all I get when I run a bug report in DO is a screenshot

***************************************************************************************************************

OK I believe I have discovered what is causing this issue

In developer options there is a setting to use "Awsumeplayer or Nuplayer leave this setting "off" fixes the problem described in my first two posts in this thread

Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 45
Message 38 of 45

@GeoffH

Thanks for this information!

@Vi_Er

Based on the logs you sent us (thanks!), we believe you may also have the setting GeoffH mentioned enabled. Could you check under Settings -> Developer options if "Use AwsomePlayer" is enabled and if so, disable it?

Can you remember if you enabled this setting yourself at some point or if it was turned on automatically?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 39 of 45
Message 39 of 45

Ok... The setting "Use AwesomePlayer" was enabled. Disabling it does help to fix the issues. Thanks for the instructions.

Also, I doubt but, if I recall it correctly, I may have enabled this option manually to fix a problem with MX player.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 40 of 45
Message 40 of 45

I have had the exact same problem with the camera in my Z1 since the 5.1.1 upgrade.  I have disabled 'Use AwsomePlayer' as recommended and I am pleased to say that it has resolved the problem for me.  Slightly smiling Face