account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

3G Video Call

One time poster
Message 31 of 36
Message 31 of 36

Re: 3G Video Call

http://www.rediff.com/business/report/sony-mobile-may-cut-1000-jobs-by-march-2014/20120824.htm

This is bound to happen if sony is not listening to what customers want!! (Read Native Video Calling!!)

Forum Legend
Message 32 of 36
Message 32 of 36

actually that would be a bad news for customers, it would mean less people to listen to your request, and less local support. Slightly frowning Face

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Adviser
Message 33 of 36
Message 33 of 36

Android may not support but phone companies like Samsung are providing it and you know it very well.

Emperor
Message 34 of 36
Message 34 of 36

again, if this feature it's a must have, you need to get a phone that will support this.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 35 of 36
Message 35 of 36

"3g video calling" means traditional video calling like you have choosen anumber and instead of normal dail you opt for video call.

This is not there in xperia phones. But many posts I have seen that samsung they have with what ever version of android they use.

But not having traditional 3g video calling not not a big deal I think. Beacuse i don't relay no phone network till today.

coming to skype or gtalk, they are applications which require internet either by wifi or ether net or 3g data plan.

Android is a just os like linux or windows but build for mobiles. And apps like gtalk or skype are availabe on android, as like they are for other operating systems.

So if you have fron face camera, android phone with android market to download these apps, you can make video calls provided you have skype /gtalk accounts.

Work of these expected any version of android higher to 2.3.4.

If it is not working theny it is the problem of bad softwae you got on you mobile.

If you have another brand mobile and have same os ICS/ GB 2.3.4 or JB, you may not face this issue.

I use skype daily with my GB 2.3.4 xperia neo.

But if i get ICS update from sony i will make sure everything is working find before updating blindly and later puching heads here in this fourm.

so better downgrade to 2.3.4 GB and be happy.

Talent
Message 36 of 36
Message 36 of 36

each company have its own market strategies. Every company have their own priorites ans support those not necessary should match with their competitors.

Look at sony's Bravia engine that comes with xperia mobile.

Look at sony's xLoud sound technology comes with xperia mobiles.

You cannot find these 2 in other mobiles by default.

In the same way 3g is some thing samsung is providing. And as a customer if you have sony mobile and if you don't have that feature, you can make a request. That's it.

You cannot enforce company to do the job for you in this case. Because while selling sony does provide details of the product.

Also while buying its customer's responsibility that whether a perticular feature is there or not and you shouldn't buy if that is not there during that time.

Yes. I will agree with you once case that they are not up to the mark with their ICS release for xperia 2011 mobiles. Being a xperia 2011 model owner i should be more worry about stable version of ICS than useless 3g video calling (!!!! in my case).

3g video calling is something sony never promised but they have promises for a ICS release support which is not happening properly. So in future they loose customers for sure in this case as people are always look for advanced updates.

Somebody posted that 1000 jobs they are removing. But other side of coin is in UK their sales rate is higher than HTC in 2012 and its a +ve sing for them.

But I am not sure customer 2011 who are victims of bad ICS updates and the way they have providing updates and support purchases may decrease.

Hence, my dear friend, your question is right but who you have asked is wrong.

if 3g is really matters, don't hesitate to switch your brand dear Slightly smiling Face.

Now all brands are global brands and  there is no international brand that is available only at one place. No brand is bigger or better now. All are fighting for market share and not for customer satisfaction.