account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

3G Video Call

Emperor
Message 11 of 36
Message 11 of 36

Re: 3G Video Call

Any time

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 12 of 36
Message 12 of 36

By the way, in addition to the video connections over IP you need to be registered with the service provider and have installed their VoIP/video call application: Skype, Fring...

However, to perform regular 3G video call within GSM network simply dial the number and choose the video call option.

Forum Legend
Message 13 of 36
Message 13 of 36

No worries.

Adviser
Message 14 of 36
Message 14 of 36

There is NO video call option (over 3G GSM Network ) in Neo as you described.

Adviser
Message 15 of 36
Message 15 of 36

One time poster
Message 16 of 36
Message 16 of 36

go2ranjan wrote:

Read attentively. Thx! Winking Face

I know quite well - I started the thread

"Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?"!
I was referring this text to Amr.Akef!

By the way, in addition to the video connections over IP you need to be registered with the service provider and have installed their VoIP/video call application: Skype, Fring...
However, to perform regular 3G video call within GSM network simply dial the number and choose the video call option.

One time poster
Message 17 of 36
Message 17 of 36

go2ranjan wrote:

Oh, second post from you!
Show me where it is written! I write this just pro forma. :smileygrin:

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 18 of 36
Message 18 of 36

We all are asking SE (Sony Ericsson) to do the same. Implement 3G Video Call for all Xperia NEO escpecially.

Please go to this thread and request SE admins to take a Vote so they implement 3G Video Calls on Xperia Mobiles.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/15729

This is the only way we can get their developers to create the 3G Video Call feature.

All who are dissatisfied and want 3G Video Call facility keep asking SE staff to create 3G Video Call facility on Xperia Smartfones

Adviser
Message 19 of 36
Message 19 of 36

SonyEricsson has introduced new Androids Ray and Active with front camera but still no facility for Video Calls. This is insane.

Forum Legend
Message 20 of 36
Message 20 of 36

not so insane, I doubt Google will add video call over 3G since Google/Android has it's own videocall which works on data (GTalk). it's up to SE I supposed to please their customers like Samsung did