account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

.314 batery issue

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

.314 batery issue

Hello,
I am on newest firmware available for Z2 which is: 17.1.2.A.0.314 and I noticed that battery drains a lot faster now. It is like it lasts about a day when before it was about two days. I did not install any additional software during this time, usage of the phone is the same as well.

Did anyone else encounter the same issue?
I do not know what happened with battery of my Z2 after update Slightly frowning Face
6 REPLIES 6
Talent
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: .314 batery issue

I don't have any problem with latest update .314 and battery. If this problem will persist for you maybe hard reset can help. Don't forget to make a backup first.

Sage
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Same here.

Drastically reduced the time on battery after upgrade to the latest firmware. 

On mine it did not help to do a hard reset/factory default/software repair either.

Please check the Settings-Power Management-Battery Usage to display what is using the most of the battery?

From what I have read on other Android-forums, the problem seems to be with the Android release/known defects and that different apps triggers these defects making the central app use the cpu all the time.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

everytime you get a new firmware update , you need t minimise the use of the battery so it settles down with the new firmware takes about a day or 2 .

Sage
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

That did not happen with my phone.

No change after several days, battery-drain by app Android System that were kept awake constantly.

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@azzido wrote:
Hello,
I am on newest firmware available for Z2 which is: 17.1.2.A.0.314 and I noticed that battery drains a lot faster now. It is like it lasts about a day when before it was about two days. I did not install any additional software during this time, usage of the phone is the same as well.

Did anyone else encounter the same issue?
I do not know what happened with battery of my Z2 after update Slightly frowning Face

It usually happens during the slight miscalibration of the battery when installing the update. Just make sure that the next time you update, the battery is at a solid 100% before installing it.

I found a method for my HTC One M7 but I'm not sure if it will work with the Xperia Z2 (Green LED turns on at 90% whereas Green LED Turns on at 100% on the M7).

1- Charge phone (while it's on) to 100%.

2- As Soon as the battery level reaches 100%, unplug charger and reboot phone.

3- Repeat Step 1.

4- Unplug the charger after reaching 100% and turn off the phone.

5- Without turning the phone back on, plug the charger and wait for the battery to charge to 1005.

6- Then unplug charger, and turn on phone.

7- Repeat Step 1, then unplug.

That should properly recalibrate your battery.

Veteran
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I will give a try to charge it to 100% and then reflash the software Slightly frowning Face