account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

23.0.1.A.5.77 - The update center app doesn't work anymore

Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

23.0.1.A.5.77 - The update center app doesn't work anymore

Hi,

So I've updated my Z3c to the lastest firmware with OTA update.

But the phone now is a little hot, and most of all the udpate center app (to udpate sony apps like walkman, movie, album) isn't working anymore.

When I do a factory reset, I'm stuck with old versions off Sony apps... and can't bring new version back because the update center isn't working anymore...

So I think even the next version of firmware can't arrive via OTA  ! It's a real serious issue !

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: The update center app doesn't work anymore after 23.0.1.A.5.77

Just wait a bit longer for the updates 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

But when I rolled back to .105 everything is working fine, I have the update soon I open the udpate center app Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You could contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Re: 23.0.1.A.5.77 - The update center app doesn't work anymore

You should download an older software from your pc then download the new one again because sometimes it need a root reset
Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I tried everything, but nothing is working.

The new update broke the update center app for everyone Slightly frowning Face

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

i have absolutely the same. since im on 23.0.1.A.5.77 update center shows nothing to update. before on 98 it worked without any problems.

i have to add that when i was on 98 and made the update via pc companion to 77 it worked also. but then i decided to make the manual repair with pc companion/factory reset and after this update center didn't work anymore.

so right now i cant update sony media apps.

i was searching today the apk's from blogs and xda to update them. **bleep** is going on with this? why sony aren't you pushing all your apps to play store?

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hi, did anyone found a solution for this problem?

I can confirm that after updating my Z3 Compact with the latest 23.0.1.A.5.77 firmware via the OTA notification in early December last year, the built-in Xperia Update Center app no longer shows Sony app updates even after manual "Refresh".

For example, Info-eye has long been updated to version 1.7.05 whereas mine is still 1.6.07 only.

Sure, you may say it's region-specific, but up until the last firmware I've received updates within days after they were published worldwide.

Can anyone confirm or deny this experience? Please specify your device, region & date of update. Thanks!

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

My Z3 has all it's updates now, after being on 23.0.1.A.5.77 for a month my Sony update centre finally started getting the updates. I have no idea what the delay was though, but I got the latest update for Walkman 2 days ago after receiving all the others a day before.

All the best,

Adam.