account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

.205 update is out, I prefer 4.1.2

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

.205 update is out, I prefer 4.1.2

So a promising update came out after several months of total humiliation of Sony.
With all the new topics about it,and several lists of bug fixes etc. i prefer the default 4.1.2 version that came with my phone in December 2013. I downgraded after 4.3 destroyed my phone and from then I used my sp to the limits. I have about 60 apps installed and many of them work with synchronise at the background. My ram is about 250~320 MB free and I have zero lag.
The only problem is, that I cannot use 4g bhai I can live without it, and that sometimes the phone overheats when I play heavy games. My battery lasts about one day with medium use.
Of I play games lasts about few hours.

So yes I'm happy, yes I would never buy a Sony product again, yes I was unlucky trusting Sony in this one and gave 300€ but the 4.3 update is NO WAY better than 4.1.2 version so.... Why should I update.

A happy downgraded (4.1.2) user. Thank you Sony NOW I believe... { SONY make.believe }
6 REPLIES 6
Adviser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: .205 update is out, I prefer 4.1.2

It really depends on how you use your device, for example I use my SP mostly for gaming, watching movies, listening to music, social networking etc. when I updated the firmware to .205 and gave the phone a factory reset right afterwards, I felt  the phone ran about approximately 30 to 40% smoother in comparison to the first days when I started using the phone on its original firmware and now I'm really satisfied with it's speed, your Wi-Fi signal reception will rise incredibly after the update and you'll get more physical free ram in 4.3 in comparison with 4.1.2 plus you'll have better screen and touch responsiveness quality. I own iPod, iPad etc., but I still prefer watching movies and listening to music on this device because unlike apple products, it's really easy to move large chunks of multimedia materials into your microSD card (in my case a high quality 32 GB card) and you can use them immediately after transferring them directly from the USB with no intermediate software involved (such as iTunes). I'm really satisfied with the video and audio quality playback on that gorgeous 4.7" screen equipped with BE2 enabled, in addition I compared the quality of music playback on the SP with my iPod touch and I confidently tell you that the quality of this device is way better, just update to .205 and play a bit with its options to gain the amazing playback that I'm talking about.  I'm really pleased with every aspect of SP on 205. and haven't experienced a single problem yet. 

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I do agree with u Iranian_amir
Talent
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I'm surprised hearing this, because all reviews come out telling that after few days several problems occur, such as battery drain, viber problems which I use often etc.
I wish there are more good reviews like yours and be sure I will update.
Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

A certain version of Viber (4.1.1.0) works perfectly on .205 with no problem, you've got to search for its .apk file on Google. For battery drain issue put your device in Stamina mode and reduce the display's brightness and also the sleep time to 15 sec plus if it's possible for you choose GSM only in your network options.
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Zagna wrote:
So a promising update came out after several months of total humiliation of Sony.

No it didn't come out for a large portion of SP owners, so the months of total humiliation continue.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am finaly happy with the new firmware. This time I will not go back to 4.1.2