account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

simlock.sa

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

simlock.sa

WARN - This file is ignored :simlock.ta

Always this file are ignored by the program. Why?
Phone no longer takes sim.
Help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: simlock.sa

Hi

Few phones stop accepting sim cards if they're locked to network operator and are flashed with a firmware using flashtool.

So I can say that you have a phone that is locked to network operator ? If yes, then you have no choice but to get it unlocked from your carrier by paying a fees that the operator would charge.

One must always flash a firmware that does not have "simlock.ta" file in it. It should not be even bundled within the ftf. However , those people who don't know, do not exclude this .ta file while creating ftf.

Branded phones get locked when one tries to flash a new ftf with this simlock.ta file over the old one that's already present in the phone from the network operator. Even if you re-flash using flashtool, it won't work at all.

It's not a problem with the flashtool, not a problem with your phone. It's just that there is a software in the bootloader that is supposed to stop people from unlocking their phones.

Once you pay a fees to unlock, you would be able to use any sim, and your status of "bootloader unlock allowed" will change from NO to Yes.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Are you sure you're using the correct FTF file for your model? This file will be ignored if you're flashing on an SIM-unlocked (SIM-free) phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Yes sure to use the correct file ftf phone, but when the file becomes ignore the phone without network emergency calls only

Highlighted
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Gehad

What model do you have? Do you have a custom cut SIM or original one?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

My model is lt25i

Unfortunately I do not have

Highlighted
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Can you try a different SIM card in your phone?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I've experimented with but there is no result

Highlighted
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Actually I have a feeling that you are using a wrong FTF file, please double check that you have the correct model downloaded.

If you are totally sure, them I'm out of suggestions.

@Nabeel @alexdon @uliwooly do you have any thoughts?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I'm quite sure I use the correct file
Why such a problem in the flashtool?

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Few phones stop accepting sim cards if they're locked to network operator and are flashed with a firmware using flashtool.

So I can say that you have a phone that is locked to network operator ? If yes, then you have no choice but to get it unlocked from your carrier by paying a fees that the operator would charge.

One must always flash a firmware that does not have "simlock.ta" file in it. It should not be even bundled within the ftf. However , those people who don't know, do not exclude this .ta file while creating ftf.

Branded phones get locked when one tries to flash a new ftf with this simlock.ta file over the old one that's already present in the phone from the network operator. Even if you re-flash using flashtool, it won't work at all.

It's not a problem with the flashtool, not a problem with your phone. It's just that there is a software in the bootloader that is supposed to stop people from unlocking their phones.

Once you pay a fees to unlock, you would be able to use any sim, and your status of "bootloader unlock allowed" will change from NO to Yes.

View solution in original post