account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

no bootloader email recieved

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

no bootloader email recieved

iv been tryin for the past dam day to get my m dual bootloader unlocked. I put my email then it says check inbox for instructions. When i do theres nothin in my inbox yet it states its waitin for me to accept.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: no bootloader email recieved

Hi,

Have you also checked your junk mail? You could also try to use another email adress to see if the email is received.

If you still won't receive the email, I suggest that you look closer into the following page:
http://developer.sonymobile.com/about/how-do-i-get-in-contact/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

ive tried 3 different email providers with 3 different email address. checked all junk, well every folder ther is but nothin. i did get in touch with who u said. they  directed me here. funny thing is this exact thing keeps hapening alot with sony  jus sod lockin the bootloaders. its more hassle unlokin thm

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@REVOGUY

you should contact them again and let them know that you were refer back to them, also did they referred you to the support forum or to >>> Local support?

on a side note

Are you aware of the implications on unlocking the bootloader, warranty, DRM keys gone forever, not being able to update the phone neither through OTA nor PCC or Bridge, certain apps and services no longer works, etc? 

I wasn't aware that there were Android devices that are sold with the bootloader unlocked?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

hii

iv been told that bootloader are locked but can only be "allowed to unlock" after successfull unlock through carrier.

i dont want to put any custom roms i just want to be able to put a few apps on the sd card as i canot move anythin apart from mp3s etc. its a little like rentin a bus out only to be told you can only sit on one seat.

i have done what u asked me to but as usual they cover up buy repeatly mentioning they dont give out any info regarding unlocking of bootloaders. im ready to thro the phone away as its the dual sim capability i wos lookin forward to but dammit it gets to a point where im notified of an email only for gmail to crash due to low memory.

ps ive deleted as much as i can but apps that have priority to update eventually overtake available memory.

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@REVOGUY

That's not accurate, if your phone was at any given point locked to a carrier, the bootloader will forever be locked, why? because the carrier requested this. 

not everything its lost, what you could do is to check the XDA forum, and look for methods to root your device without unlocking the bootloader, keep in mind that unlooking the bootloader doesn't grant you root access. 

Which Xperia do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

xperia m an old one but wos hopin for a quick solve regarding the memory. The carrier as usual try and lock up what they want but they should at least allow the user choice to do what they want to a device they have bought.

The only thing i can do know is to get another device one that has kit kat. I presume capability for transferring apps to sd has been introduced in that version.

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@REVOGUY

Not at all, you will need a device running lollipop. 

I agree, it is a shame that carrier/networks aren't honest/transparent to customers, I also understand why they want to lock the phones, that is, if the phone was sold in a contract but after you pay the phone in full, then what? the phone will be yours and you should be able to do what you want with it, but that's my opinion. 

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

i have a kit kat device that allows me to transfer apps to the sd. Im not talking about all the data but enough for memory to increase on the device. Either that or i have a unique device.

Yea nearly all companies to in some way put a lock on some of the facilities of the phone that does not allow full control to the user such as network locking, recently fm apps and bootloading capabilities. Im not sure if the networks do this in vain as there are ppl who have been able to access locked features without the intervention of carriers. But that mite just be speculation.

i do understan, as u do, why some carriers lock these features but i think when the contract has been completed all features should be out of the carriers hands and into the user.

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@REVOGUY

Let us know if you need any further help