account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

lock bootloader help

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

lock bootloader help

hello everyone!

I have XA2 Ultra (H4213) with unlocked bootloader, and I want to use xperia companion software normally to update it and I want to recieve official OTA Updates..

Can I somehow lock bootloader back , i need help please?

3 REPLIES 3
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: lock bootloader help

also, my device can't sign to xperia account anymore, I can't even manualy add it under accounts ever since bootloader was unlocked.. Slightly frowning Face So official services from Sony are not working on phone

Also I'm not recieving any updates over the air on phone.. Also not able to use xperia companion wich I want to use .. the Repair software option is interesting to me, because my phone doesn't have anymore official software rom, phone had problems in the past so guys on XDA forum adviced me to use xperifirm and flashtool to put another firmware, wich I did, and my problems gone away, but I ended with unlocked bootloader, so i want to use official rom and official software and want to have locked BL, can you guys please advice me how to do it ?

cheers!

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

also guys,

if in some case it's impossible to re-lock bootloader..

iam also interested if theres a way to restore(flash) original sony firmware wich my device had when i bought it from shop, because after that help from XDA my device ended with some generic rom for central europe.. and I want to have firmware wich device originally had when i bought it .. please..?

Thank you!

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

also, please advice if possible..

Since Xperia companion isn't working with unlocked bootloader on my device, can I somehow and from somewhere download official sony ftf wich i could flash to repair my device software wich nowdays has flashed some CE1 generic firmware from xperifirm.. Slightly frowning Face

I have original box for my device wich came with it and it says wich countryes is device for, but I can't find that kind of firmware on xperifirm to download.. so,

maybe i can get ftf from sony somehow? based on my device serial nubmer or something.. please?

If there's no solution to re-lock bootloader, i would like to have original firmware flashed on my device wich my device had initially when i bought it .. Slightly frowning Face