account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

XZ3 unlock bootloader Failed: Command did not succeed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ3 unlock bootloader Failed: Command did not succeed

As the title suggests, I tried to unlock my XZ3 model

INFO:
Bootloader unlock alowed: YES
BUILD: 52.0.A.3.202 (factory)

WHAT DOING:

-I do All the appropriate procedures:
-I received the unlock code from the official Sony site
- Platform-tool download and driver
-on the phone sets it basic, active developer commands
- USB DEBUG and UNLOCK OEM tip on the mobile phone menu
- I turn off the phone
-Attack the mobile in fastboot mode (blue light)
-then in the devices and printers, which appears a new one when I plug in the cel in fastboot mode, I update the driver of the device appeared, I tried both with the drivers of the model XZ3 downloadable from sony and those of google (android studio).
-I do the ADB command -> fastboot devices
  and ai read the model serial

- Then enter the code to unlock the phone: fastboot oem unlock 0xCODESEIAL
  and I get this: FAILED (remote: 'Command did not succeed')

I searched many guides and discussions on the net, but it always ends that I can't find a solution.

Some say that when XZ3 came out, the OEM unlock command on the phone's configurations, to wait for the December 2018 version.
Another says he unlocked it with the version: 52.0.A.3.84

But now we are in 2019.

If I update my phone, it will go directly to:
 52.0.A.8.14 then to 52.0.A.8.25 and finally to 52.0.A.8.50.
I've tried all the updates, always the same error.

I don't understand how to try anymore!
I searched for all possible solutions. Or maybe not.

Do you help me ??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

[SOLVED] Re: XZ3 unlock bootloader Failed: Command did not succeed

Fortunately, I understood the mistake.
[SOLVED] I was wrong in writing the IMEI code, and consequently the unlock code was generated wrong for my cell.
The error practically tells you: wrong code! They could waste to put a more precise message in the ADB.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

[SOLVED] Re: XZ3 unlock bootloader Failed: Command did not succeed

Fortunately, I understood the mistake.
[SOLVED] I was wrong in writing the IMEI code, and consequently the unlock code was generated wrong for my cell.
The error practically tells you: wrong code! They could waste to put a more precise message in the ADB.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: [SOLVED] Re: XZ3 unlock bootloader Failed: Command did not succeed

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this point. After spending an entire WEEK trying to figure out why my Xperia Tablet Z wasn't unlocking, and researching solutions and workarounds, I finally realized through Flashtool that I had entered the IMEI number incorrectly all along... Plugged in the correct code and BAM, unlocked. I guess I should have heeded this thread sooner.