account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

[Tutorial] How To Root Xperia XA2

Commissioner
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

[Tutorial] How To Root Xperia XA2

Make sure your bootloader is already unlocked! Go to the sony offical website for that. (Your phone will factory reset after you unlock so make sure you backup your data)

I am not responsible if you do something stupid and brick your phone, in case you do brick your phone, go see EMMA flash tool.

Nor normal xposed nor systemless xposed will work with the march security update so don't install it.

This topic will teach you how to:

1. Flash TWRP correctly

2. Install Magisk (Like SuperSU exept it can bypass SafetyNet and you can have modules like systemless xposed which doesn't modify system and does not result in a bootloop)

Ok so first what you have to do is go to this link and download the OFFICIAL version of TWRP(.img and .zip) and Magisk.

Google Drive (.img)

Google Drive (.zip)

Magisk

Then go to your phone's settings -> system -> about phone -> tap on the build number 5 times until you see a msg saying "Developer options enabled". Go back to system settings -> developer options and enable USB Debugging. 

Now download minimal adb/fastboot from here:

XDA - Minimal Fastboot

Once you have it installed, open it via shortcut 

Untitled.png

Once in there type:

1. Adb devices and authorize your phone by clicking on the allow msg displayed on your phone.

2. adb reboot bootloader

3. fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-pioneer.img (DO NOT FLASH IT! MAKE SURE YOU TYPE BOOT!)

You will now be booted inside twrp, swipe to allow changes then go to Install -> twrp.zip

Twrp will now be installed on both recovery slots.

Now reboot into the recovery (reboot -> recovery)

Once you've done that, go to flash-> select MagiskV16.zip and flash it.

Nice job, you now have root access.

Please let me know if you need help by replying to this topic.

24 REPLIES 24
Apprentice
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: [Tutorial] How To Root Xperia XA2

Hi, im gonna test it tonight or tomorrow and let you know is everything is okay. Cause my last root (another tutorial) was successful until first reboot which come into bootloop but I recovered it with Emma. 

See ya

Apprentice
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Thx a lot worked just fine Slightly smiling Face
luv u <3

Commissioner
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Your welcome, i am currently experiencing some issues with xposed systemless module for magisk so i don't recommend you install the xposed module

Commissioner
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

As far as i know emma doesn't download the latest software version, PM me if you want instructions on flashing latest system versions

Apprentice
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

No problem. I am not using root for xposed. 

Commissioner
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Hey can I ask you to check the software version you are running (Build number)?

I can't seem to get magisk work with the latest update wich fixes some of the bugs wich were annoying me and i don't want to downgrade.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

50.1.A.4.76 yeah i am not on this new March update. 

Commissioner
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Ok thanks, it seems sony did something that sort of broke the update, i had to reflash the whole system without wiping data to get it work on the newer version.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

THREAD UPDATED:

Added xposed info for the march security update.