account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

[Tutorial] How To Root Xperia XA2

Message 21 of 31
Message 21 of 31

Re: [Tutorial] How To Root Xperia XA2

Is xa2 plus compatible with it?

One time poster
Message 22 of 31
Message 22 of 31

I keep getting stuck on the third step, i don't know why

One time poster
Message 23 of 31
Message 23 of 31

Hi Mate!

What do you mean by third step? 

Fastboot one? If so then what do you mean by "stuck". Firstly check if your device is visible in fastboot by "fastboot devices" if nothing shows up install drivers for fastboot. Then if operation succeeds your device will boot into twrp. In this state you need to flash twrp in twrp on your device so it stayes after reboot (then you reboot back to twrp and flash magisk or what you want).

Get it? Maybe it's a bit chaotic but I tried to explain it as much as I can. Hope this helped ya! 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 24 of 31
Message 24 of 31

Does this also work for the xa2 "ultra"?

Learner
Message 25 of 31
Message 25 of 31

Hi!

Please can you help. I'm loading up adb and putting in the command to fastboot with the twrp but when I do my phone screen just goes black and I have to hold power button to switch it back on again. Everything else works perfectly. I've tried using different twrp but with no luck. Device is Sony xperia xa2 h3113. Running android 9. I've read that it's happened before with other devices and people have successfully done it when using non official twrp but this is not working either. 

Thanks In advance! 

Learner
Message 26 of 31
Message 26 of 31

Hey davidhozic,

greetings,

thanks for your tutorial. I'va a xperia xa2 running android 9. I've managed to unlockbootloader, but when i'm starting cmd with fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-pioneer.img the cmd shows downloading boot.img and booting also Okay but then noting happens. On the xa2 you see the sony logo for some seconds and then nothing happens.

I would appreciate any help.

thanks and best regards

Hagen

Learner
Message 27 of 31
Message 27 of 31

Hi Hagen!

I had same issue. I was using adb to boot into recovery with twrp but my phone was just rebooting. (staying blank for about 5 mins before booting aswell)

My solution!

I flashed my phone rom with ftf originall firmware to android 8 using 15 second Sony flash tool. 

I then used the same method to boot into twrp recovery using twrp.img and it worked! I then used sideload to sideload twrp and magisk so I could gain root and all worked perfect.

I have a Sony Xperia Xa2 H3113 pioneer.

Make sure you download the correct TWRP.IMG and TWRP RECOVERY for your phone. 

I'm not an expert at this stuff and I managed to do it quite easily so I'm sure you'll get it sorted. 

Good luck!

Learner
Message 28 of 31
Message 28 of 31

Hi whitemanuk,

thanks for your reply. I'll test your solution this days.

Greeting

Hagen

Learner
Message 29 of 31
Message 29 of 31

No problem. Let us know if you have success 😎

Dale

Learner
Message 30 of 31
Message 30 of 31

Hey Dale,

Grinning Face with smiling Eyes Yes Yes Yes! thanks! It's been a little tricky because i needed to use a ftf for middle europe. But finally it has booted twrp.

Now rooting will be the next step. Have you flashed android 9 after rooting? And will the devices still be rooted? I'believe it won't.

hagen