account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Suggestion: Direct Video Call using 3G network.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Suggestion: Direct Video Call using 3G network.

I found there is not Direct Video Call option in any Android version by default

Like it is in iPhone and Symbian phones, we can do a Video Call directly using the 3G network by dialing the number like we dial it for a normal call.

Samsung and some HTC phones have implemented this in their andriod phones.

I want to suggest please implement this Video calling feature in Sony Xperia phones.

Note: I am not talking about Video call using any Video Calling App like skype or hangout or tango etc. I am talking about direct 3G network Video Call by dialing the number. So better people avoid replying to the post with useless replies Slightly smiling Face

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Suggestion: Direct Video Call using 3G network.

Sorry if this sounds useless but I don't want this feature and if I did then I'm glad I have a choice or apps and not having a system app forced on me is all the better

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

You might be right at your place, many people may not need it because there are many free video calling apps in google play.

But if you believe me, there are still some people here in our region, they do not know how to use google play or a google ID, and if they do not know what is google play how they will download an app for a video call.many people are backword here, some of them even do not know how to use these video call APPS.

The purpose of my this suggestion is for those people who are not able to download and who are not able to use these video callings apps. if this features enables, they can just make a video call like a normal call only network data charges apply and that is it.

I have also requested the same feature to android.

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You are right for people with family and working in the field video call app is a relevant app. I would want that as an inbuilt app. Most phones have that and i feel it's basic