account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Relocking bootloader help

Apprentice
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Relocking bootloader help

Hey guys, so I just got my Xperia Z2 tab 2 days ago and I didn't plan on unlocking the bootloader or rooting it but as usual an app I wanted to use required root. So coming from a Nexus tablet I went and unlocked the bootloader and searched how to root.. Turns out I can't root my tab on the latest firmware and then I went to play my Ps4 using remote play and now it doesn't work 😞. It worked yesterday and the only thing I've changed is I unlocked the bootloader. I then went to go relock the bootloader and I can't find out how... I read somewhere you could relock it using this third party software called TA backup but I was supposed to use it before I unlocked it originally. Is there not an official way to relock my bootloader? It should of told me Ps4 remote play wouldn't work after unlocking the bootloader 😞 Help would be appreciated
18 REPLIES 18
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Relocking bootloader help

Download Flashtool and install - Then run the program and click on BLU and follow the instructions, However as your DRM keys have been lost I'm not sure if relocking will fix the issue

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try now. What are DRM keys? I've owned both LG, Nexus and Samsung devices and I've never heard of them 😨

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

DRM - Digital rights media, So in Sonys case these are unique software that if you were to unlock your bootloader would allow you access to so by unlocking your bootloader as seen in the warning on the request the unlock key page, this software is deleted to protect their code and software

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Weird, I've only heard of that with like game piracy and such. What really annoys me though is non-sony devices can be rooted/have unlocked bootloaders and can side load remote play while Xperia devices error out Slightly frowning Face 

I'll let my tab charge a bit, then I'll try the flash tool method you suggested. Thanks 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Nope still get the error 😞 

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Thought it might seeing as your DRM keys were deleted

Apprentice
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Is there no way to get them back? Stupid if you ask me, and here I thought I was buying a sony device for the dev support. Sigh. 

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

No once they are gone they are gone - Should have read the warnings before proceeding

Rookie
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

for what it's worth: If you reset your phone with emma (http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/how-to-download-and-install-the-flash-tool/) and relock your phone afterwards your DRM keys should be restored. I couldn't watch or record any videos due to lack of DRM keys and now everything works fine again. Don't know if this solves your problem with PS4 remote but sure hope so!