account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Open bootloader with real recovery

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Open bootloader with real recovery

I wonder is it possible to get back to stock bootloader? I flashed latest device firmware with sony's flashtool, and got new bootloader. So how can i come back to old stock bootloader?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Open bootloader with real recovery

@Bajko

use flashtool or xperifirm 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/How-to-manually-update-root-downgrade-2012-Xperias/...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Allready did that, flashed kit kat version 108. But when i try to restore ta backup it won't. I don't want warranty, but i want to revert changes i made with bootloader. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Bajko

check this out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2292598

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@uliwooly

That is how i'm trying to restore TA backup, when i select to dry run it says it's corrupted backup. I did the backup couple of minutes before so there is no way it's corrupted. And i do not want to flash it completely if i'm not sure it's working. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@Bajko

I'm out of ideas, @alexdon @Quester @Nabeel  any suggestions?

Highlighted
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@uliwooly @Bajko

I'm sorry I never played with bootloaders so can't help you here Slightly frowning Face

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi

First of all, bootloader of device cannot be changed. Your phone is still running the same bootloader. The only difference is that it's unlocked now to load non Sony kernels and ROM.

So you  never really got a "new bootloader" ever.

Coming over to backup of TA partition, just because you did a backup few minutes before doesn't guarantee it was not corrupt.

That is why there's an option to restore "dry-run". You should have actually tested this "TA backup" you did by using the "restore dry-run" option to check whether the file was safely backed up or not,  before you unlocked the bootloader.

If it showed that the file is corrupt, you should have done another backup and tested it again.

So, did you do a "restore dry run" of the file before unlocking the bootloader to see if it was corrupt or not ?

Could you post the exact line it shows ?

Is it "backup is corrupted" or is it something like "Backup has become corrupted during pushing to the phone"

One more thing. Are you using the same version of backup tool now that you used to back up before ?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I flashed new firmware with Emma flashtool so i can use real recovery. 

About flashing and trying to dry run ta backup, i used same tool and i checked before unlocking and everything was fine. After unlocking it said it was corrupted while pushing to the phone. A lots of flashing with unofficial flashtool, factory resets etc i finally managed to dry-run the backup and said it was fine. So i flashed it and everything works great now. 

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Bajko wrote:

I flashed new firmware with Emma flashtool so i can use real recovery. 

About flashing and trying to dry run ta backup, i used same tool and i checked before unlocking and everything was fine. After unlocking it said it was corrupted while pushing to the phone. A lots of flashing with unofficial flashtool, factory resets etc i finally managed to dry-run the backup and said it was fine. So i flashed it and everything works great now. 

Now this is the information that was needed. It was getting corrupt while sending it to the phone. The file itself was fine. 

It was probably due to adb drivers you weren't able to flash it.

Anyways, great news :smileysmileythumbsup: