account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Locked myself out and Bootloader is locked. What to do?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Locked myself out and Bootloader is locked. What to do?

Hi, 

I have really messed it up this time.  Forgot my new scren password to my Z1 ( C9603 )

I have tried all the Google-Instructions there are (I believe). Google Device Manager -> Does not work. Xperia Companion -Complains about the bootloader being locked.  Service manu ->  not available on my Z1.   I have tried "Emma"  -> Flashing not possible. Pressing any of the Power+Volume+Home buttons does not work. 

Question:  Is it just to throw my phone in the waste bin ?

Cheers,

Staffan 

Kind regards,

Staffan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Locked myself out and Bootloader is locked. What to do?

Dear Friends!

I was finally contacted by Sony Xperia Support, Sweden. They provided the following solution to the factory reset problem. 

(Please not that the below solution stem from my own translation from Swedish to English. I dont have the English version software so Im not shore my translation is correct). 

Please note that the below instructions is a factory reset and will consequently erase everything on the phone, with the exeption of any installed SD-Card.

1) Open Xperia Companion...

2) Select "Software repair". Please make sure that your Xperia is turned off, not connected to the computer,  before Xperia Companion + "Software repair" is up and running.

3) Just follow the instructions on the computer screen...

4) You will be instructed  when,  and how,  to connect the telephone during the "Spftware repair". 

Thanks Sony for excellent support.

Cheers,

Staffan 

Kind regards,

Staffan
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Try to contact Sony Xperia support.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Dear Sirs,

My only question was: 

Is it just to throw the phone in the waste bin, since I cannot enter the service menu (on my Z1, C9601) using the Emergency Dialer, and no other commonly recommended measures seams to work (Google Device manger, Xperia Companion etc. )? 

Is it at all possible to "force my way" into the phone?

Kind regards, 

Staffan

Kind regards,

Staffan
Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Dear Friends!

I was finally contacted by Sony Xperia Support, Sweden. They provided the following solution to the factory reset problem. 

(Please not that the below solution stem from my own translation from Swedish to English. I dont have the English version software so Im not shore my translation is correct). 

Please note that the below instructions is a factory reset and will consequently erase everything on the phone, with the exeption of any installed SD-Card.

1) Open Xperia Companion...

2) Select "Software repair". Please make sure that your Xperia is turned off, not connected to the computer,  before Xperia Companion + "Software repair" is up and running.

3) Just follow the instructions on the computer screen...

4) You will be instructed  when,  and how,  to connect the telephone during the "Spftware repair". 

Thanks Sony for excellent support.

Cheers,

Staffan 

Kind regards,

Staffan