account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Is There Any Rooting Method Without Voiding My U Warranty?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Is There Any Rooting Method Without Voiding My U Warranty?

I Want To Root My Xperia Without Voiding Its Warranty Is There Any Method Out There If Yes Then Tell Me Simple One.And What Is Bootloader What It Do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Is There Any Rooting Method Without Voiding My U Warranty?

Any type of modification of the phones software may void the warranty, it depends on the problem. It might also bring additional costs in case your phone needs service if the service location have to restore the phone to original state.

Moving thread to proper forum.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Anybody here?Please Reply

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Rooting does not directly void your warranty, Its what you do while rooted. for example you deleted/modified important system files that causes the phone to operate in unusual way ( i.e overheating) that causes you to void your warranty, on the other hand if you are rooted and do nothing after or perhaps just to grant some apps privileges, then it does not void your warranty.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Then Please Suggest A Good And Easy Method

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

You can visit XDA for that

depends on your firmware version

If you got time then please visit here:::::::::::::::::

I recomend rooting your phone and then trying Zperience™ Rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=39780144#post39780144

If you want to root:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Please Mark

• Correct Answers
  • Helpful Answers
The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Any type of modification of the phones software may void the warranty, it depends on the problem. It might also bring additional costs in case your phone needs service if the service location have to restore the phone to original state.

Moving thread to proper forum.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi Rickard,

I had a sony xepria T which had internal storage of 16gb and a memory card slot for 32gb.

I had battery problems over christmas, sent it to SBE (on contract with Sony), had a nightmare, eventually got my phone back after a few weeks and it was wiped clean, made a complaint and Sony sent out a their version of what I guess they'd call 'resolution' via a standard letter and I reluctantly  gave up.

Then at the start of July I had a battery problem again but decided to get an upgrade to a Sony Xperia Z1 and was very happy. I've connected a PS3 controller but noticed most games aren't compatible apparently. I found a list online and saved some items in the playstore (All gta games, racing games etc). i'd just downloaded a free game called Asphalt 8 1.34gb which leaves my phone space at 6gb now.

There is no way for me to transfer the apps to the sd card, like I had to do on my Xperia T so I'm curious as to why Sony have invested in a higher capacity SD slot, but removed the functionality to use it???? I've seen in another thread that I have to root the phone and it'll be fine??? So that leaves my warranty intact for only moving apps to the SD card????

Its a bit like buying a new Audi, great air con, great engine, looks and interior. Only to find that it has no wheels and no way to fit any... but you can take it to the garage who fit them but it'll void the warranty and servicing. Do you see where I'm coming from? Only difference being that Audi dont have electrical problems with their items, unlike my experience with Sony

I know you (as a person) can appreciate where all your customers are coming from with their complaints. I'm sure you can also see why Samsung sell so many more items. We're all human at the end of the day. If you could advise on my point, I'm sure the community would appreciate it, as much as myself Slightly smiling Face

All the best,

Alan

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hello Sony,

Obviously Rikard hasn't replied. Please answer the question for him if he is no longer working there.

I will make an official complaint if needed but I'd rather not cause a big inconvenience all round. I'd like to be a happy customer!? 

If anyone else can help (during sonys absence) it'd be greatly appreciated.

All the best

Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

3weeks...noreply.

Please respond