account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

I want to downgrade xperia go without void warranty

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

I want to downgrade xperia go without void warranty

Dear Sony, I want to downgrade my xperia handsets go, using flashtool. whether this will void the warranty?
please answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: I want to downgrade xperia go without void warranty

No, it's not a hardware issue - the CPU governor is software-based, a kernel module. I've noticed the phone toggling the second core on and off since way back in GB, so I found it a little odd why both are always on in JB (and presumably ICS, since the JB firmware still uses the ICS kernel). Yes, the ICS kernel is supposed to take better advantage of multiple cores (unlike the older GB kernel, but Sony may have backported some modifications to the older kernel to change that), but I honestly haven't seen much improvement there.

If anything, the ICS governor seems almost unwilling to scale up the clock speeds whenever the second core is enabled. Perhaps it's intentional, as a workload being distributed between multiple lower clocked cores can actually be more power efficient than a single core with a high clock speed (though it's hard to argue for it in this case since there is a visible reduction in responsiveness). Factor in the device being a phone with a very limited battery (1305 mAh honestly isn't a whole lot :/ ), as well as power dissipation - constantly running the CPU at high clock speeds drains the battery very quickly and also makes for an uncomfortably hot phone. My phone previously had an issue where the GPS was holding on to a wakelock, BetterBatteryStats reported that it was running constantly at 1 GHz despite the screen being turned off. The result? 50%14% in 2 h 35 m, or 14.0%/h. Thankfully, the issue has never appeared again since then.

11 REPLIES 11
One time poster
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

you can downgrade your phone at your own risk. Sony, with their service centers don't downgrade your phone's software. Here's a link, you can download and flash the ROM http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Look around. You can find tons of solution.

Here is 1 you can start with.

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones...

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

although it is stated during the update, and somewhere on the sony webpage that you cannot downgrade your phone . try contacting your local service center http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/..

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

thanks guys.
yesterday I tried to update handset to JB, now I feel uncomfortable because it's very lag

Rookie
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I bought my xGo last December, I've run GB for 5 months, despite of some negative thoughts with JB, i still took the risk and updated my GB to JB. Yes a little bit laggy than GB, but ofcourse, more features are added. In my opinion, despite of camera bug that i experience right now, JB is greatSlightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

You can root it (sadly, no one-click method is currently available, so you'll have to resort to a longwinded workaround). See my post here for details on the procedure.

With root access, you can try to disable the secondary CPU core to get better responsiveness. No, you read that right the first time - disabling the second core improves responsiveness. I didn't believe it either when I first did it, but the phone shot straight back to GB-tier snappiness on battery power. I have a feeling that disabling the second core makes the CPU governor much more aggressive in ramping up the clock speeds, leading to better response.

Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

yes you're right, JB has a lot of features, but also spends too much energy even if I turn on wifi and the bluetooh at the same times, takes a very long time, and sometimes Bluetooth does not turn on at all.
sorry for my bad english

Commissioner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Ohhh.. That sounds really weird taboo5200. It must be hardware problem. Hmmm

With root access, you can try to disable the secondary CPU core to get better responsiveness. No, you read that right the first time - disabling the second core improves responsiveness. I didn't believe it either when I first did it, but the phone shot straight back to GB-tier snappiness on battery power. I have a feeling that disabling the second core makes the CPU governor much more aggressive in ramping up the clock speeds, leading to better response.

Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

No, it's not a hardware issue - the CPU governor is software-based, a kernel module. I've noticed the phone toggling the second core on and off since way back in GB, so I found it a little odd why both are always on in JB (and presumably ICS, since the JB firmware still uses the ICS kernel). Yes, the ICS kernel is supposed to take better advantage of multiple cores (unlike the older GB kernel, but Sony may have backported some modifications to the older kernel to change that), but I honestly haven't seen much improvement there.

If anything, the ICS governor seems almost unwilling to scale up the clock speeds whenever the second core is enabled. Perhaps it's intentional, as a workload being distributed between multiple lower clocked cores can actually be more power efficient than a single core with a high clock speed (though it's hard to argue for it in this case since there is a visible reduction in responsiveness). Factor in the device being a phone with a very limited battery (1305 mAh honestly isn't a whole lot :/ ), as well as power dissipation - constantly running the CPU at high clock speeds drains the battery very quickly and also makes for an uncomfortably hot phone. My phone previously had an issue where the GPS was holding on to a wakelock, BetterBatteryStats reported that it was running constantly at 1 GHz despite the screen being turned off. The result? 50%14% in 2 h 35 m, or 14.0%/h. Thankfully, the issue has never appeared again since then.