account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

How to downgrade from oreo

Regular
Message 31 of 43
Message 31 of 43

Re: How to return to android 7?

Really? Because I once rolled back a SP by flashing the CE FTF and the phone just stuck itself in a boot cycle and I was forced to flash the update I'd just rolled back from to get it working again. Yet when I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the exact same FTF I used originally for rollback, it worked. If you know why, please explain.

Besides all that, unlocking, while voiding the warranty, gives you more options and frankly, if you're just starting out with flashing, it gives you more scope to experiment without bricking the phone.

But why don't you offer the guy some advice on how to roll-back? That's what he's came here looking for right? 

Message 32 of 43
Message 32 of 43

Re: How to return to android 7?

@Darkweeally

You already gave him the advice to use Flashtool, which is the easiest way to do it. I was just correcting the part of unlocking the bootloader to prevent loss of DRM keys and inability to normally update the software.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 33 of 43
Message 33 of 43

How to return to the old update

Bonjour'

Depuis la mise à jour de mon téléphone 8.0 c'est une misère. Qui serait comment revenir sur l'ancien mise à jour. Merci 

Hello'

Since the update of my phone 8.0 it is a misery. Who would be to return to the old update. Thank you

-GT

Qet
One time poster
Message 34 of 43
Message 34 of 43

Return to previous software

What are the steps to follow to return to the previous software? 

or 

What is the official Sony tool to do it?

If they left me the link would be appreciated

Thanks

Message 35 of 43
Message 35 of 43

Re: Return to previous software

@Qet

There is no official method to downgrade to a previous version of the software. However, there are many unofficial methods to do so, the easiest and most famous one is Flashtool. Search Google for that and you'll find full guides out there.

Bear in mind that such methods can brick your phone if you do it wrong, so proceed at your own risk.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 36 of 43
Message 36 of 43

Software Update

I updated my phone Nougat to oreo. But my phone it's not working properly. Can I roll back to Nougat android version. Please help me. Oreo version irritating me. Some of the app's not working properly like what's app and file manager. Respond as soon as possible.

Thanks

Bayyapu Reddy N

One time poster
Message 37 of 43
Message 37 of 43

Back 7.1.1

Merhabalar xa1 ultra cihazımı android 8.0.0dan 7.1.1 döndürmek istiyorum yardımcı olur musunuz lütfen? 

Hi xa1 ultra device would like to rotate android 8.0.0 to 7.1.1 please help?

-GT

Adviser
Message 38 of 43
Message 38 of 43

Re: Back 7.1.1

Hey Sherlocked,

it's not possible to switch from a newer Android Version to an older One.

Maybe some costum Roms will help you, if you have a rooted Phone.

But i have to say that you shouldn't try it, if you are not that much informated about that topic.

"Gear up, we aren't going for a windy walk here!"
One time poster
Message 39 of 43
Message 39 of 43

Android nougat 7.0'a do not go back

Telefonumun yazılımını android Oreodan bir önce ki android sürümü olan android nougat 7.0'a geri çevirmek istiyorum :smileyd_oh:

I want to turn my phone software back to android Oreodan android nougat 7.0, the previous android version 

-GT

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 40 of 43
Message 40 of 43

Re: Return to previous software

I want to return to nougat. My phone is Sony's Xperia X Compact. Please use simple and clear language... Please help!