account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

How to downgrade from oreo

Learner
Message 1 of 43
Message 1 of 43

How to downgrade from oreo

I have updated to the new oreo firmware and the phone UI is skipping too many frames randomly, I have tried everything force reboot, software repair, safe mode and all. Frame skipping problem is very annoying

How can i downgrade it back to 7.1.1 since I can't find any FTF files anywhere

42 REPLIES 42
One time poster
Message 2 of 43
Message 2 of 43

Re: How to downgrade from oreo

Well, I have other reasons but I need the downgrade too.

Emperor
Message 3 of 43
Message 3 of 43

@gsehwal

Which Xperia do you have? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 43
Message 4 of 43

Xperia XZs, i understand this phone has no developers to make custom roms but atleast we should get FTF files 

Learner
Message 5 of 43
Message 5 of 43

Can i go back., before oreo?

Can i just go back? Before oreo., this oreo update kills my phone., overheating everytime., draining the battery fast, even setted to the lowest brightness and lowest sound as possible., even not using it continually drains and heating., how to go back., i hate oreo update

Learner
Message 6 of 43
Message 6 of 43

same problem any idea how to downgrade :S:S: 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 43
Message 7 of 43

Downgrade to marshmallow

Ever since I updated to nougat, I have been having problems with my data signal. What happened after update;

1 LTE disappeared (note that LTE was working before the update)

2 since I am like 100 km away from the nearest Sony Service Center, I stuck with 4G network but never did it gave a strong signal after the upgrade. (lucky if I get 3 bars)

3 tried using 3 different prepaid network (Smart, Globe and Sun) Sims but still the same sh*t.

Please help.... A tech once told me I can have it rooted but it would void my warranty. It s there another way I can downgrade to Marshmallow? 

Adviser
Message 8 of 43
Message 8 of 43

Downgrade to nougat

Hi, can i know how to revert back to nougat bcoz the oreo update make my XZ slow and lagging while playing some game. I'm totally regret the moment i update the phone coz my bro using the same phone like me but he didn't update to oreo he can play all games flawlessly. Please help me, thanks.

Regular
Message 9 of 43
Message 9 of 43

Downgrade to Android Nougat 41.2.A.7.76

Hello,

How can i go back from Android Oreo 8.0, to this version of Android 41.2.A.7.76

Because the Oreo 8.0 update is very instable, camera doesn't work, app listing in folders sometimes lost and turn ti default, alarm sometimes stays on even if i turn it off,.... Etc.. 😑... 😑 

I tried evey solution suggested by Xperia Care, and the problem of the camera stays related to the camera App. 

I do believe that every user had chosen Xperia for it's camera, and the fact of sending systems updates with technical problems in it without patches for Three months is a unsafe for a nice product. 

Please Help, this is getting very annoying and depressing, compared to other manufacturers technical support 

Adviser
Message 10 of 43
Message 10 of 43

Re: Downgrade to nougat

Same here with Xperia X perf. Lagging and battery loss after update to Oreo.

Is there no way to go back to Nougat??