account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

HOW bootloader unlock allowed no to yes, SONY HELP

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

HOW bootloader unlock allowed no to yes, SONY HELP

Hola, yo soy de Costa Rica. Mi estatus dice No, yo se que sony puede hacerlo. he leido varios post en los que hay que mandar un correo y que personal de soporte llega por tu telefono, pero eso es en españa. Tambien he leido que se puede pagar a una pagina de 3ros. Me gustaria saber que opciones hay aqui en CR o, si hay algunas instrucciones. mi telefono no tiene simlock

----------------------------------------

Hi, I'm from Costa Rica. My status says No, I know that sony can do it. I have read several posts where you have to send an email and support staff arrives for your phone, but that's in Spain. I've also read that you can pay a 3rd party website. I would like to know what options there are here in CR, or if there are some instructions. my phone does not have simlock

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: HOW bootloader unlock allowed no to yes, SONY HELP

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You can find the following information at the developer web page: "If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."
http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/

Thereby, you cannot unlock the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Just be aware that you will lose your DRM keys and other apps or settings might not work after you unlock the bootloader, you can't restore the DRM keys, once they are gone they are gone.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

If the status is still No after sitting a few days staring at the screen, you can try your last luck by doing Software Repair via PC Companion...

And I mean your LAST LUCK and if miracle exists, your phone should say Yes...

You must be clear that if you persist going on to unlock bootloader after this, you will face consequences like Uli said above...
Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

it did not show status on my device and yet i performed all the steps to unlock the bootloader now my phone is stuck in the boot animation 

what do I do?

Talent
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

If your bootloader unlocked status says NO then there is nothing you can do to change it. Attempting to change it will probably just turn your phone into a paperweight
Sage
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@Vshshbsb wrote:

it did not show status on my device and yet i performed all the steps to unlock the bootloader now my phone is stuck in the boot animation 

what do I do?

Perform a software repair with pcc.

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Vshshbsb Which phone do you have ?

If your phone has a removable battery then take it out and reinsert it and do not switch it on. if it doesn't have a removable battery then tell me about your phone and I'd tell you the correct way to force shutdown.

Usually, it's done using these buttons combo

Press and hold the " Power " and " Volume Up " buttons exactly at the same time for
5 seconds > force restart ( 1 vibration)
10 seconds > force shutdown ( 3 vibrations)

Then perform a software repair as the users above said.

Here are the steps just in case you need them. ( Make sure your phone is charged too)

Perform a backup of everything as all the data on your phone (except SD card's) would be lost

Update / Repair your phone's software via PC Companion.
Download PC Companion and install it. Do not connect the phone to your computer unless you're asked to do so.

Launch PC Companion > Start Support Zone > Start Phone/ Tablet Software update > Select 
"Repair my Phone/ Tablet" > Follow the on-screen instructions it shows. 

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have tried to perform a software repair using pcc it gives me the following msg. I have an Xperia L (C2104).

Computer - Shortcut.lnk

Sage
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Vshshbsb wrote:

I have tried to perform a software repair using pcc it gives me the following msg. I have an Xperia L (C2104).

AFAIK this error occurs when your device have unlocked bootloader or it is running on custom Roms. Since you have messed up your bootloader then I think you need to manually flash your device with flashtool. 

Check this http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php but remember you will also need a ftf file for your device so either search on Google or use xperifirm http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t283414...