account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2013 and 2014 Xperias ]

Forum Legend
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2013 and 2014 Xperias ]

hey 

Kitkat 4.4.4 is really smooth for the Z series.

Here is how to do that

Download PC Companion and install it. Do not connect your phone until you're asked to do so by PC Companion

Start Support Zone > Start Phone/ Tablet Software update > select Repair my Phone / Tablet > Follow the on screen instructions it shows

If after reinstalling the software you still face the problem then let me know and i will  help you with downgrading.

One time poster
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

how ca i root my xperia e3 dual
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

I need to root my Sony Xperia SP ? Please guide me through the process.
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

I_Mithun The method to root has already been given above. Click on the spoiler below "root xperia SP" and follow the method to root with towelroot apk. It merely takes a minute to root.

Forum Legend
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

You can now root the Z2 and Z3 without unlocking the bootloader

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

Yes thommo, I know. Thanks Slightly smiling Face

I'm already working on adding support for a lot of phones. I will try to do that ASAP

Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

this method on my xperia z1 compact don't work. Slightly frowning Face

Forum Legend
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

I think you're trying to root lollipop right ?

I will try to update the guides I have when I have enough time :smileysmileythumbsup:

Meanwhile you should search XDA and google to get hold of a working method to rooting Xperia Z1 

One time poster
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Hi There,

I have just obtained a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Owing to the internal storage space issues, I am wanting to root my phone to get rid of some bloatware.

I am looking for suggestions as to how to go about rooting this model, as well as any suggestions as to which specific apps etc I may want to delete in order to free up more space, as I can't even update my apps now, let alone download new ones. Have already moved what apps I can over to my SD Card.

I have attempted using the towelroot method, but it says that my phone is not supported. 

Also, any suggestions as to how I can check that it has actually been rooted will be appreciated.

I am a complete noob to the world of rooting, so kindly keep that in mind when responding.

Thx.

Forum Legend
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Hi @PyromanticJC 

To root Xperia M4 Aqua, follow this guide and let me know how it goes for you.

http://how-to-root.org/how-to-root/sony-xperia-m4-aqua-dual/

Regarding removing apps, you will have to be really carefull. 

First you should download an app that allows you to remove system apps. ( I use Root Explorer ) 

Using such app, go to 

1) System > app> Select the app you want to remove and delete it.

2) System > priv-app > select the app and delete.

Now, what all you want to delete depends on what you use or not.

You can remove google apps like " Drive, Play music, Google Movies" etc. By removing them, you will free up system space. You could always download them from google play store but this time it would only take up half the space in your phone as it's not present in the system.

I've removed about 45 apps from my phone ( Xperia Z) and I think I should have had made a list of them to help others. Unfortunately.

Please ask me or any other person before removing the apps you want. You could list the apps you think you want to remove and I will try my best to help decide what to delete and what not to delete.

Oh and yeah, most important of all, backup everything important on your computer :smileysmileywink: