account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

One time poster
Message 261 of 287
Message 261 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

Forum Legend
Message 262 of 287
Message 262 of 287

If it's like Vroot then avoid - It causes a load of apps to install that you didn't want or ask for

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 263 of 287
Message 263 of 287

Hi all 

I have a xperia s lt26i locked to orange with a locked bootloader.

my question is can I keep the stock firmware once rooted and still get updates from orange without loosing root

Many thanks all

Visitor
Message 264 of 287
Message 264 of 287

I have tried to run rootkit after flashing mt11i_4.1.a.0.562_kernel.ftf but it was stucked at below. "daemon not running. strating it now" "daemon started successfully." and nothing else happened Kindly advise..

Visitor
Message 265 of 287
Message 265 of 287

I have tried to run rootkit after flashing mt11i_4.1.a.0.562_kernel.ftf but it was stucked at below.

"daemon not running. strating it now"

"daemon started successfully."

and nothing else happened 

Kindly advise..

Adept
Message 266 of 287
Message 266 of 287

How to root sony m dual. Give me easy method,, please
Apprentice
Message 267 of 287
Message 267 of 287

@Nabeel wrote:

Rooting your mobile may void the warranty and you're doing it at your own risk. Sony would be in no way responsible for any damage.

Could we have a little bit of certainty here?

MAY is no anwser!!  I MAY buy another sony phone... MAY be, someday....

Common : it is YES or it is NO.

I want to root my phone, will it void my warranty YES or NO ?

Message 268 of 287
Message 268 of 287

You have to contact your local xperia to find out that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 269 of 287
Message 269 of 287

@alexdon wrote:

You have to contact your local xperia to find out that.

well define "local" and define "how to contact" Zipper-mouth Face

By "local" i've asked sony mobile france (yeah je suis francais) --no reply yet--

"Contact" : well it seems there is no direct contact info for the customer services, most of the time it's DIY, look on the internet, search the messy forums, or "do as you want, we'll void the warranty later by using non(-human) understandable legal-term" bullshyt Angry Face

So still navigating in shadows...

Europe

The Free Software Foundation Europe argues that it is legal to root or flash any device. According to the European Directive 1999/44/CE, replacing the original operating system with another does not void the statutory warranty that covers the hardware of the device for two years unless the seller can prove that the modification caused the defect.[26]

Message 270 of 287
Message 270 of 287

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.