account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

One time poster
Message 191 of 287
Message 191 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

Pablito Don't let the eroot update itself. Run the .16 version and if any download begins, cancel it by clicking on the green button.

I hope you don't have "a" version of phone ?

for example lt18a st18a lt26a

Ok tried without letting eroot update, tried all versions and tried diferent pcs with different windows. Nothing works.

I have an "a" version! I have MT11a (running 4.1.b.0.587)  what does that mean???

(thanks)

should i try the "old" method instead?? I was hoping I could avoid it Dizzy Face

One time poster
Message 192 of 287
Message 192 of 287

Could somebody share with me another link to the Sony Xperia S root files, because i can't download them from Box :S

One time poster
Message 193 of 287
Message 193 of 287

Hi Nabel.. Thank u so much for your Guide my phone finally root and working everything fine..

One time poster
Message 194 of 287
Message 194 of 287

Nabell.. i just want to ask if the Ultimate 3.0 HD Rom is compatible with xperia LT15i and if it will not have any issue with the Network Data State problem..

One time poster
Message 195 of 287
Message 195 of 287

hello!

ive tried rooting my live with walkman .587.

first flashed .62 and then when i used doomlord for rooting.. it showed "the system cannot find the specified path" Neutral Face

i even checked unknown resources, msc and usb debugging.

please help me in rooting my phone!! Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 196 of 287
Message 196 of 287

Hi Nabeel, can you add a new rooting instructions for JB?

Many thanks

Forum Legend
Message 197 of 287
Message 197 of 287

Pablito . Sorry mate, "a" versions are not yet supported by it.

You'll have to use that old method Dizzy Face

Vark There are other links as well. Drop box, 4shared, and another box.

JohnKent It's compatible , but do follow the instructions carefully given in the , you might first have to flash an Arc S firmware on your Arc. ( Due to different system paritions )

sambram I answered your PM Slightly smiling Face

eljunpacomios Which phone od you have ?

Commissioner
Message 198 of 287
Message 198 of 287

Hi Nabeel,

I am using Sony's Xperia Go (st27i).

Thanks,

Eljun

One time poster
Message 199 of 287
Message 199 of 287

Hi,

I have an xperia neo MT15a ICS 4.0.4

Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf

built number 4.1.B.0.587

I tried to root it following this link (or the new way) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2219781 However since it did not work (i think the 'a' versions do not work with that method) and after i read every page on that thread and tried everything i decided to do it the old fashion way found here. I have done it step by step but it doesn't do anything except messing the order of my menu. When i root it, it does show this message "the system cannot find the specified path".What is that i am missing in the procces?

Alright fellas i did it. I am bursting with joy for i was trying for 3 days now. For all the ones who flash it succesfully and then run the 'root' process and it says "the system cannot find the specified path" you might have the same problem that i did. When you download the rooting toolkit make sure you unzip also the filies not just the runme.bat. I unziped only the latter and it didn't work but as soon as i added the files averything went smooth.

Also a special thanks to the moderator of this forum for all the paitence and responses to everyone. I only read every thread and it was tiring so i can only guess at the paitance it takes to answer to multiple messages which often i noticed have the same problem. Thank you mate!!! Slightly smiling Face

Message was edited by: €uroDiplomat

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 200 of 287
Message 200 of 287

i am using eroot but after connecting the mobil with the program it finishes the first 3 steps and stop at the 4th step then ask to add additional information and all is chinese language .. any help please ??eroot.jpg in chinese