account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

One time poster
Message 161 of 287
Message 161 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

Hi Nabeel, maybe I am missing something (this is my first rooting!) but I removed all aps that were preinstalled that I don´t use, plus many that I use but that had been updated. The later I had to reinstall from Google Play so not much gain in space there. Just FB and Whatsapp use up to 50Mb as you can see from the screenshots. Then there are many others that take up to another 100Mb. It seems that apps that I removed are mostly small ones so I presume that explains the mere 30Mb I gained. Maybe there is some memory fragmentation here that requires a complete wipe out and reinstall to recover the memory gaps? I am not android expert so I don't know. Please advice!

There is something really weird that happened to me and found out just by chance: if I disable "USB debugging" in Settings, then the apps that normally require root permissions (ES Explorer, Titanium Backup, etc) cannot obtain it. Superuser still flashes the message that root permission has been granted, but the apps hang forever trying to check real root access (ES explorer fails after a timeout and Titanium Backup stays forever "requesting root access"). As soon as I re-enable "USB debugging" in settings again, everything works fine and root access is granted immediately. Note that this happens with the phone disconnected from the USB cable. Does anybody have the same problem? (Xperia Ray ST18a GB 0.62 rooted with ERoot-1.0.16)

screenshot_2013-04-16_0808.png screenshot_2013-04-16_0809.png

One time poster
Message 162 of 287
Message 162 of 287

Hi Master,

I must have done somehting wrong I guess as my Xperia Go does not seem to work with the procedure.

6.1.1.B.1.54 stock ROM

The following happens:

- as per description I install the flash tool

- start flashing the ST27_6.1.1.B.1.10_Kernel.ftf  (flashtool 0.9.8.0)

- it is finished quite fast - actually suspiciously fast

- then I can not really use the phone any more. It boots but the touch screen is not bright then before and does not really react for touching. As a consequence I can not use the rooting "runme" neither as that requires action on the screen also.

- then after reflashing the ...54 it works again - just not rooted of course.... Any idea maybe what I'm missing? I have tried several times, it was tricky to figure out how to swtich off the device as battery cannot be removed and tochscreeb was not working... Slightly smiling Face

thanks in advance,

Regards

One time poster
Message 163 of 287
Message 163 of 287

Cannot root "xperia Tablet S", got stuck at

*Daemon not running, starting it now*
*Daemon started successfully*

One time poster
Message 164 of 287
Message 164 of 287

Hello, I root my xperia p 6.1.1.B.1.75 with root with restore by bin4ry. I flash kernel but it says permission denied(are you root?). Please help me.

One time poster
Message 165 of 287
Message 165 of 287

thanks Mr. Nabeel i perfectley rooted my Live with walkman wt19i running android 4.04 using ur method...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 166 of 287
Message 166 of 287

Hey, thanks for the guide.

Eroot didnt work, tried multiple times, and I even tried your solution of deleting the eroot folder in appdata and canceling the download. I even tried reinstalling the abd drivers using flashtools, what could I be doing wrong? Ive got all the debug and sd card options ticked. I even tried an Eroot 1.0.018 from another forum without succes.

(Could low storage memory either internal or sd have anything to do with this?)

thanks in advance for any help Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 167 of 287
Message 167 of 287

MOST SIMPLEIFIED VIDEO GUIDE EVER FOR ROOTING 2011 XPERIA.... Njoy

One time poster
Message 168 of 287
Message 168 of 287

sony please release jelly bean libs for our xperia 2011 smartphones....

you are behaving like a step brother after you ( sonyericsson) divided your business....and after that you (sony) are not looking to our 2011 smartphone..

we know that you are not  updating our 2011 smartphones to jelly Bean ,also you are not permitting other community like Cyanogenmod to provide us JELLY BEAN  Xperia experience because they need jelly libs to port camera to CM10/cm10.1 for our 2011 smartphones.....

many people have signed petition for the same if not believe click here

http://www.groubal.com/jb-camera-libs-for-all-sony-xperia-2011-phones/#signatures

it is our humble request ...release them for us

One time poster
Message 169 of 287
Message 169 of 287

Hi Nabeel, thanks for the guide, I have successfully rooted my Xperia Ray( ICS 4.0.4) without any problems using the archived method, now I got some doubts,

1. Can I go back to GB by flashing gingerbread rom using the flashtool?

2. Can I unlock the bootloader after rooting?Thinking Face

and is there any way to increase gaming performance on my device?? as I didnt see any difference after rooting..... Neutral Face

lol
One time poster
Message 170 of 287
Message 170 of 287

Guys u all have any idea on how to root xperia mini ST15i in gb -> 4.0.2.a.0.84? i cant find any webpage tat can root this device.