account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

One time poster
Message 61 of 287
Message 61 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

works great...thank u dude....

One time poster
Message 62 of 287
Message 62 of 287

Nabeel, you have guide for Neo V so that I can connect USB flash drives on my phone?

Forum Legend
Message 63 of 287
Message 63 of 287

SaurabhBandelkar , Yeah this guide was necessary Slightly smiling Face

dc99960 Thanks for posting Slightly smiling Face

akosijesselle This is a guide for neo v as well Thinking Face

Are you asking something else friend ? please elaborate a bit more so that i could help you

One time poster
Message 64 of 287
Message 64 of 287

hello, Nabeel

Just now i flash ICS on your given links gone through all instructions  flash tool successfully done flashing the rom excepty one warning.

" 13/044/2013 14:44:30 - WARN  - This file is ignored : simlock.ta "

whats this simlock.ta goes to why its show i have seen the while ticking "Exculde TA" this simlock.ta disappearing for the list than it shown a warning

Forum Legend
Message 65 of 287
Message 65 of 287

No problem with that, it's normal

Your device should be just fine

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 66 of 287
Message 66 of 287

yeah i got no problem at all what is this simlock.ta goes to..

One time poster
Message 67 of 287
Message 67 of 287

oh sorry, I want to connect flash drives on my phone so I was asking if you have a guide for that :">

Visitor
Message 68 of 287
Message 68 of 287

Pls Sir

I have a live Walkman Wt19i, 4.0.2.A.0.62  , Android Version 2.3.4 . My device is rooted

How can i update to 4.0  or 4.2 with out loosing root permition? Via OTA? Sony PC Comp.?

sergiozaki@gmail.com

Sorry my english

Best Regards

Sergio

One time poster
Message 69 of 287
Message 69 of 287

If u update it via OTA then u won't lose ur Root but, if u use any othr method to update it then, u'll lose Root access to ur phone. Check if OTA is available for ur device  or not, If its thr then update it via OTA.

One time poster
Message 70 of 287
Message 70 of 287

@nabeel

u told that ur device will not restart completely then how can we root it...coz my device is not restarting completely after flashing with .431 kernel (i have live with walkman)..den how can i proceed further..plz plz help me