account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

One time poster
Message 11 of 287
Message 11 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

Thanks Nabeel , i was searching for the old thread , but luckly u have started a new thread with the rooting info Slightly smiling Face Thanks a tonn Slightly smiling Face

All ur instructions are crisp clear and each and every line must be followed Dizzy Face I have missed a step where you said to colse flash tool before running rooting tool kit , therefore failed in first attempt Dizzy Face

I request others not to forget this step and read each point mentioned by Nabeel .

Finally with my Rooted Neo V . Excited to play with it now Winking Face

Regards,

Gunsranger

Forum Legend
Message 12 of 287
Message 12 of 287

Thanks for the warm words gunsranger Slightly smiling Face

I hope all folks who were there in old thread find this one .

All the best with your rooted phone Winking Face

Demigod
Message 13 of 287
Message 13 of 287

Here is the link to root Xperia U C.10 also as binary v18 does not work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35339192&postcount=173

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
Learner
Message 14 of 287
Message 14 of 287

Thanks Naabel. I have a XPERIA mini pro Sk17a.

I installed the last firmware. Now I have ICS in my phone. My bootloader is lock. I made my phone Root and installed a patch for the LED bug, this patch is really fine and functional, this patch it's from xda developers and support for 4.1.B.0.587.

I just want say Thanks Naabel.

Just one thing more: I have a Sk17a and installed 4.1.B.0.587 for Sk17i. All function perfectly, 3G included. I'm from México.

One time poster
Message 15 of 287
Message 15 of 287

Is there a way to tell if a phone has been rooted and/or the bootloader is locked or unlocked

One time poster
Message 16 of 287
Message 16 of 287

HEu man just wanted to thank u !!! at first i had a little hiccup but it turns out that using the new version of flashtool was causing me problems but when i used the old version they were fixed ....

One time poster
Message 17 of 287
Message 17 of 287

hi

i tried to root my arc ics 4.0.4 but when i reach rooting with doomlord its shows path not or cannot be specified, i want to root my arc pls help me out Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 18 of 287
Message 18 of 287

horsfalli TO know if your mobile is rooted, download titanium backup from google play and see what status does it shows.

To know about bootloader, connect your phone to PC Companion and try updating it, Don't really update it but just follow the steps to update your phone. If bootloader is unlocked, PC Companion would show modified software

talha.ayaz7@gmail.com Thanks for posting in this thread Slightly smiling Face

asyhok Just follow the steps once again, it should work Slightly smiling Face

Carefull mark the setting in your phone and flashtool. Do it.

One time poster
Message 19 of 287
Message 19 of 287

Hi Asyhok ,

My guess is that you would have left ur Flash tool Open while performing DoomLord Trick. Please note that you have to close Flash tool before proceeding to DoomLord trick. Try this and let us know if this worked..

Regards,

Gunsranger

One time poster
Message 20 of 287
Message 20 of 287

wow i did it i rooted my arc Slightly smiling Face can't belive this , thank u guys.Smiling Face with Sunglasses