account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

Forum Legend
Message 281 of 287
Message 281 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones [2011 and 2012 Xperias]

@Ruan I think you should repair your phone using PC Companion to see if it helps.

Perform a backup of everything as all the data on your phone (except SD card's) would be lost

Update / Repair your phone's software via PC Companion.
Download PC Companion and install it. Do not connect the phone to your computer unless you're asked to do so.

Launch PC Companion > Start Support Zone > Start Phone/ Tablet Software update > Select 
"Repair my Phone/ Tablet" > Follow the on-screen instructions it shows. 

Apprentice
Message 282 of 287
Message 282 of 287

I have a Xperia Ray ST18i, (4.0.4, 4.1.B.0.587)

I have downloaded the link in the first page   eroot_v1.3.4.exe and everything is in Chinese (and I cannot highlight and translate), I don't know if it has rooted but I presume it hasn't (I have downloaded Root Checker and it says it hasn't)

I am confused, what software shall I install or what else shall I do.

Forum Legend
Message 283 of 287
Message 283 of 287

Hi @aLERNO Is there any app named "superuser" on your phone ? If it's there then your phone is rooted. If it's not there, then just run the rooting toolkit again. It won't harm your phone in anyway.

Watch this thread, read it carefully, make sure you're following every step correctly.  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2219781 

2 main points to remember, PC Companion shouldn't be running and adb drivers must be installed in order for the rooting toolkit to work.

Visitor
Message 284 of 287
Message 284 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

I was struck with this issue for whole day

while running rootkit , the cmd line doesn't identify the fetch files

now i extract those zip file from another PC, I found 7 no's extracts

but from my PC just 3 extracts... my PC just open .zip like any other folder...may be zip not installed

would this be a problem???? coz I see more people hav faced the same issue....as far I read!!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 285 of 287
Message 285 of 287

Re: {GUIDE} How to Root Xperia™ Smartphones

Finally rooted my wt19i...big thanks to Nabeel

I followed those steps but at the end phone doesnt boot. stuck in black screen

so i made a change...

instead of flashing 4.1.B.0.587 kernal, i flashed 4.1.B.0.587.ftf

...but in flashmode unchecked "wipe user data" "wipe cache"

...and checked "exclude system" "exclude baseband" and flashed

phone rebooted and root exist

thanks for this thread

Visitor
Message 286 of 287
Message 286 of 287

Root android smarphone using King Root App

Visitor
Message 287 of 287
Message 287 of 287

there is a easy way to root you phone!
just install KingRoot Apk on you phone and tap the button than your phone get rooted!