account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 81 of 1,189
Message 81 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hi!!! Nabeel!!! it was 99% success cause i install without problem but 3g isnt working well .. i cant donwload anything from market with 3g its always says error... but i can navigate over the browser... i have activate all the itinerance data and all the options .. but nothing happened... and the icon didnt change to google play  when its update... im worry... what can i do?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 82 of 1,189
Message 82 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Thanks Nabeel! Clean and sleek guide. All went well on my Arc S (with locked BL). Now let's root it! Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 83 of 1,189
Message 83 of 1,189

Hello Nabeel,

I just wanted to know that the files provided for Neo V is a generic rom or nordic rom

else every thing is easy to work out. also wanted to know after installing ICS using the flashtool and repairing it using the SUS will it install the original ICS for my phone according to my country or the generic rom or according to my phone model specific.

kindly reply.

wanted to know some answer regarding this question Fernando asked and you answered to it like this, so the GB from the link below will help or not????

Fernando wrote:

If u flash the Nordic ics Rom just to see how it works. Can I update the Rom to the one released in India? N wil I get future updates from Sony?

YOUR ANSWER

yes and yes,,,without any problem

but you will have to downgrade to GB using flashtool and then again install using PC companion Slightly smiling Face to get the Indian release Slightly smiling Face

I have the GB rom from the following link will it help me to downgrade to GB and install the indian version of ICS when released by SONY

GB link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1445974

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1445974

Want to also know why their is a size difference in the ICS rom the Link given in this link after joining both the files is near about 370MB but when repaired fron SUS its just 220MB. plz explain that as well.

Regards

One time poster
Message 84 of 1,189
Message 84 of 1,189

Good Job Nabeel, looks like your hands are full. Hehehe Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 85 of 1,189
Message 85 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hi Auni, can i just uninstall them or should i freeze them.. Cos i've alwas heard that freezing is better than uninstalling. What do u say

Forum Legend
Message 86 of 1,189
Message 86 of 1,189

You can't root if you are on 4.0.2.a.0.62 ( its impossible ) you need to be on either .58 or .42May i know what you want to backup ??

I clearly mentioned in my guide

Its your wish if you want to stay on it but i suggest you to repair your phone software using SUS. It will reinstall the original ICS software in your mobile 

is your bootloader unlocked, if yes then you can't use SUS or PCC

rest i was not able to understand what you wrote, seriously Anguished Face Thinking Face, i read thrice,

Forum Legend
Message 87 of 1,189
Message 87 of 1,189

Oops, no one is facing that problem, i doubt the cause may be some app
uninstall all the apps ( that  you installed after installing ICS ) and see if problem exists

Forum Legend
Message 88 of 1,189
Message 88 of 1,189

Generic and nordic means the same. After repairing with sus , it will reinstall the firmware the phone carries ( means nordic, ics is not yet released in India  )

Yes, actually there is no indian rom but Asian rom that you will get . But remember you need to downgade usig flashtool and then upgrade directly through pc companion.

SUS downloads compressed files so that it eases customers. later while flashing it extends them and flashes Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 89 of 1,189
Message 89 of 1,189

Sorry to make you confused  Dizzy Face

I tried flasing the ICS rom and everything worked beautifully,  now my phone runs ICS rom :smileygrin:

Thanks for making this process simpler and easy to understand.

I have not repaired my phone using PC comapnion, i believe that it will reinstall GB rom back ?? {i am from india}

Also i have donwloaded the GB rom you posted somehwere in this thread would degrade to GB once the official update is available .

And i have not rooted it !!

Thanks once again !! Dizzy Face :smileygrin:

I have posted my experince here : http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/181758#181758

If you would like to know about it !!!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 90 of 1,189
Message 90 of 1,189

aayushjain1987 wrote:

I have not repaired my phone using PC comapnion, i believe that it will reinstall GB rom back ?? {i am from india}

no it wont .. i repaired from SUS and it installed ICS on my phone only (official nordic one) so you should also repair from SUS