account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 71 of 1,189
Message 71 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Slightly frowning Face well I will have to wait then...thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Forum Legend
Message 72 of 1,189
Message 72 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

To yadavvikku

There is a pic by Auni marked as helpfull answer, see original post and see helpfull answer

Use that with root explorer to remove all the apps you don't want to keep Slightly smiling Face ( any app would work root explorer or titanium )

do it, its easy or i will be creating a thread for it after 1-2 days Slightly smiling Face

To senthilrameshjv
yes you can downgrade  (just see correct answers in these threads)
Arc S -

Neo V -

After flashing from flashtool, again repair using SUS and done Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 73 of 1,189
Message 73 of 1,189

HI,

I use Xperia Neo V : country India

I have decide to tyr the ICS rom provided by you in this thread, but for making the backup of GB using Titanium pro, i need to ROOT it !!

Firstly , post the method to safely root my device.

Secondly, after trying the ICS rom , if i try repairing my phone OS using PC comapnion, i will get my phone installed to GB , Am i right ????

So should i relock my boot loader after completing the whole reverting process or after installing the ICS rom. 

Should i re root the phone after reverting back to GB rom (official) , then restore the backup made through Titanium and again lock the bootloader (without making any modifications to the installed apps ).

Will this restore my warranty ???

Or is there any other way out !!

One time poster
Message 74 of 1,189
Message 74 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel!

First of all thanks for all your efforts on helping everybody! That rocks! Smiling Face with Sunglasses

My doubts are quite straight forward. Currently I'm on GB with the original ROM but I've tried the ICS already with flashtool and the rom provided on the post from Bin4ry just right after the ICS nordic came out.

I admit that I might have done something wrong but I had problems with the SIM card getting messages like "Invalid SIM card - Restart System". I flashed with the sim card and the SD card on phone could that affect the flash? I also realised now that the problem ocurred after installing an app called ZD BOX which controls app and system, etc - could that also affect the ICS perfomance?

I then flashed back to GB and had problems with the flash so I'm a bit "afraid" to try it again even following your very explicit instructions.

Can you please advise me please? Thank you in advance!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 75 of 1,189
Message 75 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel !!

Im from Chile ( Latin America) . Can I flash my phone with this nordic ics? or this guide only works on xperias in europe and asia? I want to  flash this cause in latinamerica the operartors never bring us the updates.. could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease answer me? Thanks!!

Forum Legend
Message 76 of 1,189
Message 76 of 1,189

Hi karlnoack, welcome to the forum as i see your first post is the one to which i am replying Slightly smiling Face

Yesss you can flash ics on your phone without any problem

Feel free to ask anything Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 77 of 1,189
Message 77 of 1,189

Hi buddy, it could be anything, earlier there were so many errors with flashtool while flashing ics but later it was updated, ( that may also be the cause)

i would suggest you to reflash again using flashtool and after that using PC companion Slightly smiling Face

ICS + root + removing bloatwares = perfect rom ( for me )

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 78 of 1,189
Message 78 of 1,189

thanks nabeeel!! ill try and tell u my progress!! One question i read that with flashtool the ics has no partition or something like that  and we have to flash about 4 times with differents combinations of config to get it work ..

Here is what i tell u!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24825196&postcount=103

Is this neccesary????

Forum Legend
Message 79 of 1,189
Message 79 of 1,189

Ooops, i lied down on my bed to sleep but fortunately i didn't turn my wifi off and received your notification ( in mobile )

Thank god otherwise...... 

Budd just follow my way and nothing else. [Post the good news. would see it when i get up in the morning ( its 3:30am here Slightly smiling Face) all the best

One time poster
Message 80 of 1,189
Message 80 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel!

Well I've decided to flash it again following your guide. Did everything "by the book", even the repair part on SEUS and when I thought it was working fine it did it again! Slightly frowning Face

Could it be because the phone is locked to the carrier and the ICS is Nordic and kinda block the SIM card?

I actually download the internet and mms definitions on the automatic thingy on the initial setup, could that be? Do I have to insert it manually myself?

I'm getting really disapointed and thinking that it will even do that with the my carriers ICS update (whenever that might be...like in 6 months time!!!!)! I'm currently trying another SIM card to see if it's a SIM card incompability with ICS (as with GB it works fine).

If you have any advices please let them come! Slightly smiling Face Oh and thank alot!!! Winking Face