account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Forum Legend
Message 61 of 1,189
Message 61 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Ooops, i am sorry, but at present there is no official rom for MINI PRO
ICS is not yet released for your mobile Slightly frowning Face. You will have to wait

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 62 of 1,189
Message 62 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

thanks alot nabeel!

downloaded file of gb last night, and just flashed with it. working awesome as it was before..

ics is not that good as it was to be expected.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 63 of 1,189
Message 63 of 1,189

Keep Rocking Nabeel :smileygrin:

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 64 of 1,189
Message 64 of 1,189

Thanks for the great guide....one quick question....is everyone going to get the same baseband for ICS, if not, how do we decide which one to use?

Thanks again!

Forum Legend
Message 65 of 1,189
Message 65 of 1,189

Same baseband, so need to for any selection or anything Slightly smiling Face
enjoy Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 66 of 1,189
Message 66 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

I have installed ICS and rooted as well...

Now I see a new icom 'superuser' as well...but i can't figure out how to uninstall system apps...and what should I know before I go ahead and remove these...

Please help. Thanks in advance. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 67 of 1,189
Message 67 of 1,189

Hello !

I just got a new Xperia Arc S yesterday and I'm interested about upgrading do ICS but I've got a few questions.

I read in the post "your thoughs on the ICS update" many comments from people who are not quite happy with the official upgrade, is the one you explain here the same upgrade ? Because here the comments look way more promising, maybe your version works better ?

And knowing that I've just bought my phone, do you advice to flash my phone with your method, to wait an official upgrade (I'm in Belgium) or just to use it some time as it is before doing anything else ?

Thanks for your time !

Forum Legend
Message 68 of 1,189
Message 68 of 1,189

Hi and welcome Slightly smiling Face

Your phone is just a day old,i would suggest you to stay on what you are and upgrade officially Slightly smiling Face

Flashing would result in voiding of warranty and you never know if your device is perfect without flaws/defect , so stay on GB ( see you are new to GB as well  Winking Face) and remain under the cover of warranty

Atleast check your device for sometime( 1 month). If it is working absolutely fine then decide to do some experiments ( you may receive the ugrade officially by that time Winking Face )

I have rooted ICS on Arc S, and my device runs like a leopard without any problem Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Nabeel Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 69 of 1,189
Message 69 of 1,189

Thanks for the fast answer ! =)

I'll do as you advice then Winking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 70 of 1,189
Message 70 of 1,189

Nabeel, thank you so much for all the effort and help... i've been coing home and checking for the update every day atleast 3 times. Now, owing to you, I have ICS on my Neo V.

I am a little untechnical for the rooting stuff. When you say your fon works like leopard, I believe it is rooted and you have gotten rid of all bloatwares.

My doubt: Which all bloatwares to remove? Could you please please provide a comprehensive list because its hard to make out from the process names (e.g. com.process.camera etc.). I have already installed Titanium backup ( I believe you need to have an explorer to uninstall system apps?). Do I need root explorer or titanium is ok?

Any info would be of great help.

Thanks man. Kudos!! Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face