account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

One time poster
Message 51 of 1,189
Message 51 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Great |||| :smileygrin: So its there ,,,,

owsm...man

But i will not try it know ,,, As if, just a Couple of days ago i buyed this phone :smileygrin: will take risk after some time Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 52 of 1,189
Message 52 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

couldn't find any
sorry Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 53 of 1,189
Message 53 of 1,189

Hi,

the official rom which can be downloaded from the link for the ray has the

kit number 1252-5332.

Whan looking in the list of released kit number I did not find this number.

Can you explain this to a dummy user?

Regards Roland

One time poster
Message 54 of 1,189
Message 54 of 1,189

HI, I have a Xperia Neo V.

I wonder if i can go back to official GB after trying official ICS update from Sony, when it will be relaesd in India.

As i have read that ICS update has caused some problems.

I dont want to try root/ flashing till my warranty is there !!

Kindly reply.

Forum Legend
Message 55 of 1,189
Message 55 of 1,189

Yes you could go back but if you don't wanna void your warranty, you will have to visit service center in order to get it done Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 56 of 1,189
Message 56 of 1,189

Hi, this is a method for flashing ICS in an unofficial way. When ics would be available for you officially, you will be able to see you SI number in the thread by Johan Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 57 of 1,189
Message 57 of 1,189

If u flash the Nordic ics Rom just to see how it works. Can I update the Rom to the one released in India? N wil I get future updates from Sony?

Forum Legend
Message 58 of 1,189
Message 58 of 1,189

Fernando wrote:

If u flash the Nordic ics Rom just to see how it works. Can I update the Rom to the one released in India? N wil I get future updates from Sony?

yes and yes,,,without any problem

but you will have to downgrade to GB using flashtool and then again install using PC companion Slightly smiling Face to get the Indian release Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 59 of 1,189
Message 59 of 1,189

Hi!!!

I have an Xperia Mini Pro, where can I find the ROM to install ICS flashing my phone like you explain in this guide?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 60 of 1,189
Message 60 of 1,189

Worked well. Thanks a lot ! rooted as well.