account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 31 of 1,189
Message 31 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hello everyone!

I don't know if my question has already been answered so I'm sorry in case it has.

I own a Xperia Arc S and even though all the pros and cons users have been reporting I would like to try ICS myself but it hasn't arrived it to Portugal...

My phone is "operator locked" (Vodafone) which means I run their custom rom; also, in service -> configuration it says "rooting status: bootloader unlock allowed: no".

My question is (before getting in trouble lol) is it safe to flash my phone to the generic ICS version anyways even with these drawbacks? And then is it possible to go back to GB or get the official portuguese ICS version when out?

thank you in advance Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 32 of 1,189
Message 32 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

is there any difference between generic and nordic firmwares for arc s?

Forum Legend
Message 33 of 1,189
Message 33 of 1,189

Hi cp3trica
There is no difference between generic and nordic Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 34 of 1,189
Message 34 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel,

i've neov running on 2.3

i'm getting problem while joining the two parts of the rom. how it can be solved?

2nd problem is, flashtool is not showing any file in firmwares folder. while it has the two parts of the rom already.

pls do the needful... thanks.

One time poster
Message 35 of 1,189
Message 35 of 1,189

waiting for NEO's ROM... .. .!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 36 of 1,189
Message 36 of 1,189

it wont show 2 files .. just the 1 file when you will ttry to join it .. do it and chck the size of the file should be arnd 320mb

DM.
One time poster
Message 37 of 1,189
Message 37 of 1,189

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1597760

For original neo firmware go to above link.

Forum Legend
Message 38 of 1,189
Message 38 of 1,189

Make sure that both the parts are downloaded completely and you join them successfully to get one single ftf file
please do as saurabh says Slightly smiling Face feel free to ask anything

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 39 of 1,189
Message 39 of 1,189

thanks for the guide Nabeel. But i have a problem with ftf file. I placed file with  true way and the true folder c:/flashtool/firmwares. okay

but ,whenever i put the mode in flash, Looks like that Slightly frowning Face

what i should do?    thanks...

asdda.bmp

I did with your ways and it works great but now, when i connect phone to pc on the flash mode directions, not happens anything as picture showing it.

My OS > Windows XP SP3 and Regional Settings In English Everything

My Device> Xperia Neo V

qwqwqq.JPG

Forum Legend
Message 40 of 1,189
Message 40 of 1,189

This is the answer posted by user emreguler

i`ve found it Slightly smiling Face 

the problem is regional.

Change the regional settings of windows to english and voila, everything works

check above, even he faced the same problem as you Slightly smiling Face