account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Forum Legend
Message 151 of 1,189
Message 151 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

you need to hold back button and insert usb cable and mobile shoud be switched off

turn firewall and antivirus off and then try

One time poster
Message 152 of 1,189
Message 152 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Thanks a lot Nabeel. Owe u one for fixing it this soon Slightly smiling Face What changes have u noticed in the Indian Relased update compared to nordic update??

Forum Legend
Message 153 of 1,189
Message 153 of 1,189

Indian release fits completely into our mobiles,,, you yourself would notice,, apps are different,, UI is much more smooth and refined etc etc Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 154 of 1,189
Message 154 of 1,189

everything is turned off and i did that hold back button and plug cable but  NOTHING Crying Face it doesn,t detect my phone please help Nabeel

Master
Message 155 of 1,189
Message 155 of 1,189

good to hear that Dizzy Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 156 of 1,189
Message 156 of 1,189

Why there's no Face Unlock Feature in Neo V ICS Update in Philippines????

One time poster
Message 157 of 1,189
Message 157 of 1,189

Thanks a lot nabeel..took 5 hours download both rom..installed ICS ..thanks again..

Forum Legend
Message 158 of 1,189
Message 158 of 1,189

My friends i suggest you to update twice using pc companion

after installing for the first time , go to pc companion> support zone> phone software update> repair phone

it would ensure complete installation Slightly smiling Face

Don't worry, pc companion won't download the rom second time Winking Face, the rom is saved on your computer now Slightly smiling Face

Must repair if you find the points same as below

1) EXtracting android files at startup

2) no setup guide at startup

3)Old blue wallapaper of Ginger bread

4) No screen touch sounds, even marked in sound settings

It won't happen after repair Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 159 of 1,189
Message 159 of 1,189

Gre8 job nabeel .. much appreciated Winking Face

and this last thing you found out about repairing it again .. master stroke buddy Winking Face :smileygrin: Dizzy Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 160 of 1,189
Message 160 of 1,189

I've installed the Nordic Generic version last week and wanted to install ICS according to the SI in my phone 1254-2432 (I'm in New Zealand) and I downgraded to GB as per instructions and then connected to PC Companion and upgraded back to ICS but it does NOT install ICS as per my region, I now have 1254-2284 so I take it that this is not in fact my regional version.

What can I do to get the correct one, is it just a matter of editing the build,prop file and replacing 1254-2284 with 1254-2432?