account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Adept
Message 1031 of 1,189
Message 1031 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

I'm sorry it didn't work for you... Slightly frowning Face

A silly question perhaps, but you did remember to flash the 4.1.A.0.562 kernel first, right?

Edit: If it helps, I documented everything I did (with screenshots) when I upgraded and rooted my Xperia Ray here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wU05V69SlTMrKNLVMPJvKvYmA9qOA1NU4G62P2TFiww/pub

(There is a "Rooting" section at the end of the document).

Message was edited by: pj147 - added link to document.

Learner
Message 1032 of 1,189
Message 1032 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Nabeel you are GOD

It worked with previous version of flashtool :smileygrin:

Now my Ray is rooted.

God bless u

One time poster
Message 1033 of 1,189
Message 1033 of 1,189

Hello

The link to the "latest" version for the mini (4.1.B.0.587) appears to be broken.  Can anyone point me to a valid download site?

Thanks

Tom

Forum Legend
Message 1034 of 1,189
Message 1034 of 1,189

sourabh There you go Slightly smiling Face

cohen_tom Thanks for reporting, the file is still there in my account but it's showing invalid link. Neutral Face

I'll reupload it today Slightly smiling Face

Edit : Link fixed Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 1035 of 1,189
Message 1035 of 1,189

Thanks guys

Tom

Highlighted
Message 1036 of 1,189
Message 1036 of 1,189

does anybody no whether jelly bean is coming to xperia pro?

thanks

One time poster
Message 1037 of 1,189
Message 1037 of 1,189

just now i flashed ics on my wt19i it shows me an error like this

18/006/2013 14:06:55 - ERROR - Read error :31 : A device attached to the system is not functioning.

18/006/2013 14:06:55 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted

and after this i disconneted the phone from PC and start it. It boots sony logo after than just a ! icon showing and it switched off it self

Me agian connected to PC and flashed this time its done all ok fine

but whats the problem in that why it shows error

BTW: while flashing is in process i browsing the web and i think it do in background is it a problem

Forum Legend
Message 1038 of 1,189
Message 1038 of 1,189

christoph_2013 Jelly bean will not be released for xperia PRO

satyanreddyg Use this version of flashtool

http://www.4shared.com/file/ByOxNqzM/flashtool-0980-windows.html

One time poster
Message 1039 of 1,189
Message 1039 of 1,189

thanks for the reply after retrying it

it all working miracle my phone performace increased like super man Smiling Face with Sunglasses

One time poster
Message 1040 of 1,189
Message 1040 of 1,189

With this metod do you lose your warranty?