account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

One time poster
Message 1001 of 1,189
Message 1001 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

try flashing or reset you to factory setting may this fix some problems temporary

sony service center will do downgrade with or without charge i just confirmed in my area :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 1002 of 1,189
Message 1002 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

That is not applicable on Xperia P model, I have asked the Sony service center in here.

Forum Legend
Message 1003 of 1,189
Message 1003 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

satyanreddyg Welcome Slightly smiling Face

Unfortunately you can't get that swipe too close function on gingerbread as it's android specific. Only ICS + versions have it

Though you can install few homelaunchers or etc, that my allow you to do so

Ooops, they charging you 450 Rs ? ( = 10$ ) . That's too much. Why not checking with other service center ?

Achal_Agarwal Bootloder once unlocked is unlocked forever, warranty voids straigt away.

You won't regain any warranty after locking it.

May i know what you're connecting your device to ? ( Stock headphones ? )

satyanreddyg Downgrading option is available only for 2011 Xperia models

Achal_Agarwal if you're facing problems with your phone then i suggest you repair your phone's software

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1004 of 1,189
Message 1004 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

ok is there any other way to close apps

Forum Legend
Message 1005 of 1,189
Message 1005 of 1,189

satyanreddyg Yes you can install task managers, task killer, android management etc, there are various apps

You can also install GO Launcher from google play, it allows you to close apps Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 1006 of 1,189
Message 1006 of 1,189

I have this error on flashing
15/034/2013 17:34:15 - ERROR - C:\Program Files\Flashtool\devices\ST18\loader_unlocked.sin (The system cannot find the file specified)
What can I do?

One time poster
Message 1007 of 1,189
Message 1007 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel

Thanx for immediate respone.

I did not connected any kind of headphones in my mobile. It keeps on flashing on my screen now & then. I have tried repairing my software from both PC companion & from the SEUS engine. The same link that you have mentioned.

However, since I dont wanna loose my warranty so, I havent tried degrading it. I have given my phone to the service center, & have even spoken to the Sony Regional Head Of INDIA.

I have a recorded conversation with him stating that he will either rectify the problem or replace my handset.

So, I am looking forward for a positive response from his as of now.

If still, he cannot help me out, then I will file a legal complaint against them, since my phone is under warranty.

But, thanks once again for immediate help.

Learner
Message 1008 of 1,189
Message 1008 of 1,189

@ greeky

there will be a loader.sin file in the folder u mentioned C:\Flashtool\devices\ST18

rename that file to loader_unlocked.sin

thats it!

i tried this and worked.

Visitor
Message 1009 of 1,189
Message 1009 of 1,189

Hi nabeel, I flashed my xpu using flashtool but did not tick mark "exclude TA'. If it is a problem what can i do to repair it. my firmware version was c.1.0. my xpu is unlocked BL and rooted. Please reply

Forum Legend
Message 1010 of 1,189
Message 1010 of 1,189

greeky That error is fine or not depends upon the thing you want to do ?

Are you rooting your phone or flashing a full firmware ?

More details please Slightly smiling Face

Achal_Agarwal In that case it seems to be a hardware issue. They should help you though.

Letme know the progress Slightly smiling Face

mhossain98 That should not be a problem. It creates a problem for sim locked phones ( Locked to a network operator )

Do not worry Slightly smiling Face