account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 621 of 1,189
Message 621 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

I rooted my Xperia Neo V using Doomlord's easy rooting toolkit. Will I be elligible to official ICS update via the Sony PC companion or will have to do it manually since it's rooted???

Forum Legend
Message 622 of 1,189
Message 622 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} How to Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

You can update through pc companion without any problem

Roooting doesn't affects updating at all Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 623 of 1,189
Message 623 of 1,189

Thanks, ankother quick question, You said

"Its your wish if you want to stay on it but i suggest you to repair your phone software using SUS. It will reinstall the original ICS software in your mobile

For that download SUS and follow the onscreen instructions SONY UPDATE SERVICE"

WHAT DOES THAT EXACTLY MEANS?? WHAT IS THAT "ORIGINAL ICS" MEANING? THE ONE I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED BY YOUR METHOD OR THE ONE IT WAS ORIGINALLY ON?

One time poster
Message 624 of 1,189
Message 624 of 1,189

Well by Original ICS Nabeel means the following-

While Flashing on OS manually, few software/driver error may occur [Chances are very rare though] Still to make sure that your phone is officially update by SONY's autothrized software, Nabeel recommended to use "SONY Update Service."

The software will reinstall the Official ICS again in your device and also will fix any error [if it many find] in between. Nothing else. Remember repairing using SONY Updating service will remove the root access immediately and will revert back the phone to stock condition.

So it's better that after flashing you repair the device once using the SUS and then go for root. This ensures maximum smoothness.

One time poster
Message 625 of 1,189
Message 625 of 1,189

I understand that ICS update is supposed to be progressive. But there seems to be some issues with ICS on Xperia S. Just see: http://www.androidust.com/sony-mobile-confirms-problems-with-xperia-s-ics-update/

One time poster
Message 626 of 1,189
Message 626 of 1,189

There will always be some problems with a new OS update. Eventually they will be taken care off. But the ICS update for Xperia S is far more better than what we received for ARC S.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 627 of 1,189
Message 627 of 1,189

Which version you have updated? Build .431 of 4.0.4?

Well it's better of you can post your feedback in this thread. Sony's is focusing on this, i believe.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/231614#231614

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 628 of 1,189
Message 628 of 1,189

Succesfully updated to 4.0.4 by the method recommended by Nabeel 

Thanks for the support..

One time poster
Message 629 of 1,189
Message 629 of 1,189

Thanks Nabeel . My Xperia Mini looks better now and i love it !!!! THANKSSlightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 630 of 1,189
Message 630 of 1,189

wrong topic:

This is Guide to install official ICS [Android 4.0.4 (4.1.A.0.562) and 4.0.3 (4.1.B.0.431)] and Gingerbread ( Android 2.3 )

SHOULD BE:

This is Guide to install official ICS [Android 4.0.4 (4.1.B.0.431) and 4.0.3 (4.1.A.0.562)] and Gingerbread ( Android 2.3 )