account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 581 of 1,189
Message 581 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

If you are using Android 4.0.4 then to root your device you have to flash the kernel from Android 4.0.3 first. Then root using the Doomlord script and then flash the 4.0.4 kernel again.

The instructions are given in the very fast post of this thread. you can check that.

One time poster
Message 582 of 1,189
Message 582 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

I think after rooting 4.0.3 , you can update over the air to 4.0.4.

i followed this method only and working fine.

using Xperia Neo V. India

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 583 of 1,189
Message 583 of 1,189

I have ICS on my Xperia Pro now.  I can't tell you how much I love it!  But for some reason I can't use 3G networks, I don'tknow if it's the phone or Fido.  I didn't use SUS.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 584 of 1,189
Message 584 of 1,189

Hello, I am currently coming back from an unlocked bootloader and a custom rom. Apparently, the ROM caused issues with my ray including app forced closing and random system rebooting. I tried completly wiping my device (cache, data, system, sdcard) and flashing stock ICS and GB with flashtool but the problem still presists.

Now, I decided to relock my bootloader and follow your steps for flashing the latest ICS update but when I try to "repair" this TW version with SUS, it tells me that I already have the latest update. I tried PCC but it keeps saying it cannot connect to a server or something like that. I tried the PCC repair link but when in "prepare" the error "unable to install or start phone software update components" comes up. I'm pretty stressed with this software "support".

Please help. Thank you in advance

Visitor
Message 585 of 1,189
Message 585 of 1,189

hi, Want to download the ICS for Xperia pro. Don't know which keyboard layout. I'm from India. So, which keyboard layout should I use? Europe keyboard layout or Africa keyboard layout? Thinking Face

Forum Legend
Message 586 of 1,189
Message 586 of 1,189

senyakr if you are on original firmware that came with the mobile then See the first page of this guide and follow the green lines and see what's your customization number is

Ev1 try to search for an "a" version

Subhash Here you go Winking Face

toumbo i have no idea bout that, each rom has different instructions for installation

mydegeneration , You flashed ICS using flashtool , now you wan't to reinstall using SUS ?

sunilkn006  Are you on original firmware that came with the mobile ? follow the green lines given on the first page ( follow it ) then you could risk to install any layout Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 587 of 1,189
Message 587 of 1,189

I really just want to repair my phone. My issues are big because I can't do much with my phone. Not even send a simple text message without the keyboard force closing on me or the system rebooting. I refuse to believe a simple and safe custom rom ruined my phone like this.

Forum Legend
Message 588 of 1,189
Message 588 of 1,189

But a custom rom can really ruin a device forever. If not properly installed or not properly coded could damage the whole mobile or its components.

Do one thing, try to flash 4.0.3 and see if you face the same problems

Post the resuts here

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 589 of 1,189
Message 589 of 1,189

i have tried many times already ... nothing make my mobile return back working here...

Forum Legend
Message 590 of 1,189
Message 590 of 1,189

kazel if you start checking the comments of this thread from page 1, you wouldn't find one single person complaining about the issue that you did.

Moreover i hope you saw the warnings ? You are doing it at your own risk !!

Almost 90% of the users installed it in the very first go and few face problem that too with flashtool and not with the mobile

This sim problem has happened with many users who installed ICS using pc companion ( They didn't use flashtool )

Check these threads

So many people have used the rom you flashed including me and i didn't face any problem

I am sorry but you will have to contact service support center

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I could help you with one thing atleast

Did you follow the green lines written on the fist page before flashing anything ?