account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 491 of 1,189
Message 491 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

thnx
i have another question

i have ICS 4.0.3

If i downgraded it to 2.3.4 , can i use SUS or PC companion to  upgrade it agian to ICS ??
my phone is not rooted and the bootloader is locked Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 492 of 1,189
Message 492 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Gingerbread

Yes you can certainly. Once you downgrade, then if you connect your device to PCC or SUS, then it will notify you about the available updates. Update notifications depends on  region btw.

And rooting and bootloader has nothing to do with it. But in case if you unlock the bootloader, then to update via PCC or SUS, you need to relock it fast.

One time poster
Message 493 of 1,189
Message 493 of 1,189

Hi. I have a slight problem rooting my lti5..

ive successfully upgraded to ICS but when i try to flash the kernal form 4.0.4 to 4.0.3 it doesnt work.

the progress bar in the flashtool just reaches 1% and says that flashing done, device rebooting. but when i check, kernal version its still 4.0.4. I dont know where i went wrong :/

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out Slightly smiling Face

Thanx

One time poster
Message 494 of 1,189
Message 494 of 1,189

when the method will be available to root xperia mini pro having ICS 4.0.4, Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf BuildUser@BuildHost # 1, Build no. 4.1.B.0.431 ?

And can I delete inbuilt facebook app after rooting my xperia mini pro ?

Forum Legend
Message 495 of 1,189
Message 495 of 1,189

anbuj

stefaca, i really now don't know what to do Slightly frowning Face, did you try with other pc as well ?

Kristian747, this error could possibly be due to 3 things, Final verificatin check , older version of flashool, Defect within the rom,

I will suggest you to follow the instructions on this page.

cullenz  My friend  Auni answered that perfectly Slightly smiling Face

G-unit990 give me 2-3 days, i will directly put the link to kernels. Would be much easier for all

choughule.prathamesh At present there is no direct method , but it's only pissible by changung kernels and then root

One time poster
Message 496 of 1,189
Message 496 of 1,189

@ Nabeel

Thanks for quick reply ! Can u plz tell approximately how much time it will take for direct method ?

becoz i m new to this rooting and it will be difficult for me to change the kernel and all ? plz guide me

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 497 of 1,189
Message 497 of 1,189

Thanks you a lot, I did everything what you mentioned in your post and in that guide, and now, ICS works well !

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 498 of 1,189
Message 498 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel,

I followed all the steps you have instructed but after flashing, my Ray is still in ICS.

language is in english. i saw the flashing finished. but when i turn on My ray, it's still in ICS.

Helpd please. Thanks Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 499 of 1,189
Message 499 of 1,189

Problem: DOWNGRADE RAY - ICS to GB solved =)

I was trying to .62 (dont work)

I tried it with .42 and it worked, without root. Perfect.

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 500 of 1,189
Message 500 of 1,189

G-unit990 said :-  but when i check, kernal version its still 4.0.4. I dont know where i went wrong :/

Don't worry about that, My LT15i said that too, just carry on and run Doomlords rooting script and then re-flash 404 kernel, It'll be fine.