account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 261 of 1,189
Message 261 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

Hi,

I was also facing the same problem, but i rooted my Neo V ICS using this method :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24883071#post24883071

removed some apps using Titanium backup and my phone suddenly has an extra core :smileygrin: Dizzy Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 262 of 1,189
Message 262 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

FANTASTIC!!! thank you thank you thank you. I'm now back on Gingerbread FANTASTIC!!!

One time poster
Message 263 of 1,189
Message 263 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

can i do these to my arc model lt15i??

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 264 of 1,189
Message 264 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

See reply number 278

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 265 of 1,189
Message 265 of 1,189

Nabeel,

AWESOME! Flashed my Xperia Ray ( Ireland ) to ICS as outlined - worked like a charm! Just want to point out for any other "newbies" when you connect your Xperia Ray: You need to hold down Volume Down button whilst plugging in the USB cable. And for more than a couple seconds otherwise you will get an error message on the flashtool about "Missing drivers, etc" I have ZERO lag, crashes etc - so far just as quick and stable as GB. LOVE IT! Added bonus, it removed my carrier start up screens and standard aps. Will look into rooting tonight. Thanks again to all Mods / Devs for their assist.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 266 of 1,189
Message 266 of 1,189

Smooth and steady on Neo V, a special thanks to Nabeel, for telling me that

You don't have to have your phone's bootloader unlocked, just follow the guide Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 267 of 1,189
Message 267 of 1,189

Can I install the ICS of arc s on <<< arc >>>

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 268 of 1,189
Message 268 of 1,189

Click on >>>> 278.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 269 of 1,189
Message 269 of 1,189

Why does FlashTool keep tellimg me if I'm sure if I'm not in MTP mode?Please, I need to know how to get out of that mode.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 270 of 1,189
Message 270 of 1,189

May i know what are you doing ?  or trying to do ?