account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 231 of 1,189
Message 231 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

There's really no way to root on 4.0.2.A.0.62???? I don't know how to downgrade!!! :S

Forum Legend
Message 232 of 1,189
Message 232 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

you have to options

1) change the kernel to .42 then root

or

2) downgrade to .42 -> root with Super One Click and then update to .62 OTA

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/130711#130711

Super one Click

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

One time poster
Message 233 of 1,189
Message 233 of 1,189

I am also using xperia arc s lt18i . Its also showing me world i , in file system version and pretty much the same, as i contacted wotan server they told the si mentioned on box or under battery refers to cda 1254-8596_r6d( showing under customization version and active customization) and your's too if you are running your country generic ics ... all this though hardly matters as i am still able to update through Sony PC Companion 2.1, sus, etc .. so all if fine.

Just somehow someone please find a big way to get all drm files back simply that gets lost due to unlocking bootloader.

As i unlocked bootloader then re-locked it. So figured out that track id didn't worked (so i removed default track id via root uninstaller as i have root, and placed new music id in system after installing) fb like music didn't worked( so cut/pasted the sys/app file to sd card, restarted my phone then installed it and moved it to system/app again n then it worked), audio effects the preset equilizers were not working so did the same as did with fb like music and it also worked. Dont know what might still not be working so please let me know what more might not be working and how to fix it or do i have to do the same way?! Or some genuis please find a way to get drm files back and make phone get back to normal if possible..

Regards

Forum Legend
Message 234 of 1,189
Message 234 of 1,189

you should check the XDA Forum, they might be able to help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=962

As I recall there isn't a way to get those files back at all.

Forum Legend
Message 235 of 1,189
Message 235 of 1,189

DRM files once gone are gone forever,,, there is really no way to get them back

Just forget about these files now

Install other track id from google play

DRM can't be restored

Really have no idea, what else might not be working

One time poster
Message 236 of 1,189
Message 236 of 1,189

i have already got back new track id from google as mentioned... its just like i feel fishy that is bravia engine still working and unlocking booloader might not have hamepered it?! as i hardly see any difference checking and un checking bravia engine check box... though felt the same earlier before unlocking bootloader.

And i see xloud when ticked on or off shows changes now only in load speaker, not in earphones as it used to show change in gingerbread. So is it due to unlocking bootloader or ics has just made a modification and its not showing any change with anyone on ics (when selected earphones)?!

Forum Legend
Message 237 of 1,189
Message 237 of 1,189

my understanding is that the Xload was supposed to enhance the loud speaker

Forum Legend
Message 238 of 1,189
Message 238 of 1,189

xLOUD is only for loud speaker and not for headphones

Weren't you aware of these things before unlocking your bootloader ?? ?? !

why did you unlock your bootloader ?

as far as i know , only track id stops working

One time poster
Message 239 of 1,189
Message 239 of 1,189

i unlocked bootloader to be able to root my indian generic .62 . But came to know many generic of .62 can't be rooted if straight away flashed with flash tools .. my bad i wasn't able to find .42 ftf of india generic which could have been rooted then would have updated via wi-fi .62 update and would have already had root in it and would have stayed with .62 for sometime as i didn't liked ics, but it didn't happened this way..

So in trying i unlocked bootloader to try to root .62 my generic but still couldn't as it can't.. Then again i updated to ics via Sony PC Companion 2.1 and then got it rooted via Root_Exploit_OneClick and i'm running the same at present and even did sus repair which really improved and boosted ics performance as RAGman stated..

though definately i had noticed that xloud did showed changes in earphones aswell in gingerbread, but now they would have modified it that it only does it only in loud speaker on ics as mentioned in phone aswell, so i can calm on this now....

what about bravia engine as i asked above?! if that also would have not been affected then its ok and thanks alot to all for your kind help..

Forum Legend
Message 240 of 1,189
Message 240 of 1,189

you didn't had to unlock your bootloader to root your phone. you could've change the kernel then use super one click or just downgrade to .42 root with super one click then update OTA to .62.

it doesn't seem or at least I haven't seen any issues with unlocked bootloaders and the bravia engine.

regarding Xloud, I'd never seen any improvement or difference on the ear speaker or headphones, just the loud speaker. that's the main reason Xloud was included, for the loud speaker.