account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 211 of 1,189
Message 211 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

Tried, but after input method, show international keyboard only (without chinese keyboard).

then, how?

Forum Legend
Message 212 of 1,189
Message 212 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

Oops, what mobile do you have ?
Go to settings > language and keyboard > see what type of keyboards are there

select chinese if present

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 213 of 1,189
Message 213 of 1,189

Sony Erisson Xperia Arc S LT18i model :4.0.2.A.0.62  Android 2.3.4 (upgraded to ICS via PC Companion, thereafter downgraded to GB according to ur guidelines).

language and keyboard>international keyboard only (without chinese). Is there ROM 62 (lt18i_62.ftf) for Asia Region?

OR may u provide me the chinesetextinput.apk and the steps to instal it.

Thank you.

One time poster
Message 214 of 1,189
Message 214 of 1,189

gr8 to know ics is in india now i installed it too, just need small help from any indian please.. I need to just know that what si are you seing in your phone ? when u type the code *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. Is it showing you 1254-8596_r6d under customization version and active customization ? or what please let me know.. because if its showing the same then it will confirm that i am also using the same

it'll be a great help!

Regards

One time poster
Message 215 of 1,189
Message 215 of 1,189

"Blessing in Disguise"

Oki

Share more experience with you all concerning my adventure with ICS and my ARC S… it was almost 2 weeks when I flashed my ARC S with official Nordic using flasher and downloaded  ICS (still no official for me ARC S), and from that time on I was surfing countless forums trying to found out what’s going on with ICS, trying to find some solutions to some quirks, iron out some bugging nuisances etc…

My ARC was running super well, very fast (at least I thought), I was very happy with update and even though reading other posts suggesting to re-flash  with SUS (Sony Update Service) and force repair – I though it’s not for me as my ARC is flying super fine as it is…

One of the main issues which really bothered me though was constant re-draw/re-load of home launcher, it was just bugging me, that after quitting some programs (try to open 5 tabs in Browser, switch between them and quit Browser) it took time to reload.

OKI switched to XPERIA S home launcher – good works pretty fast – faster than original, then I tried Nova launcher and Apex Launcher – both super-fast, though will stay with Apex…

Another quirk was with scrolling in some programs, for example in ES File Explorer when scrolling directories it seems like it was loading directories as I was scrolling up/down so it wasn’t so smooth… (I needed to flick like 3 times to get to the bottom of the screen) but I thought this is the way most likely ES works… no big deal…

At the home launcher scrolling between – home screens, could see some little lags but it was almost no noticeable, thought it just the way it is…

Since I’m just venturing with the whole Android experience (had/wanted to wait till official ICS, and make sure that at least for 6 months phone works Ok before getting into its guts) – I started to experiment with some modifications, rooting, themes, etc… nothing crucial, but yesterday was trying to implement this nice trick people are using called Supercharger to speed things up even more and forget about launcher re-loads forever…

Won’t get into the big long story but but something went wrong somewhere, phone got stuck, rebooted and was in constant loop… reloading and rebooting… Oki no big deal I thought – Thank God, I installed Titanium Backup and made back up of all my files also had back up of all phone contacts so re-flashing should go fast… did that, 5min was back in game with fresh ICS… but then I just remembered that many of you mentioned about re-flashing with SUS after flashing with flasher.

I though what the heck – I’m just starting again with installing everything I might as well try it out…  So connected to SUS ignored message that I have everything latest and forced repair… few more minutes and was done.

Oki and now it is the funniest and most dramatic part (I call it “blessing in disguise”) – after re-flashing with SUS my phone become “supercharged”, I mean I don’t know what happened but if I thought my original ICS was fast then I don’t know what to call it now – super-duper-extra-mega-fast? Everything started to work dramatically faster, there are NO LAGS WHATSOEVER!, and scrolling between home screens is ultra-smooth, all the effects suddenly become as they should nice home scrolling experience, when loading ES File Explorer – I can just flick a finger and it will scroll smooth like silk to the bottom of the screen – no loading dir view in the meantime… just flies.. .

Home launcher works much better instead like taking 3-4 sec to reload after quitting programs now it takes like max 1sec… (Anyways switched to Apex –super nice launcher)

Well there are still the some quirks with all other things people complaining about like long load of phone/dialer but it also started to work much faster it takes now for me to wait 2sec instead 5 to dial phone.

Games aren’t really working as I said in previous posts… only my Dead Space and MC3 works from HD games I tried.

Sorry for a long post but I just wanted to share this experience, and stress it that things with ICS can be pleasant and phone can work smooth… I don’t know what SUS made, but it really improved things dramatically. Actually it works much-much faster than my GB…

I have 3 home screens full of different widgets (some taking full screen, scrollable) and there is no lag, nor slightest slowdown with switching between them.

Anyway, don’t want to repeat what was said in other posts but, I should stress to re-flash phone anew getting rid of anything there (back up first contacts, setting etc…) – if you have problems as others wisely said - run SUS – force it!

And thanks to auni for nice themes which made ARC look nice, and thanks to zohaib0001 from XDA forums for nice Battery mods + Power Statusbar widgets – nice work…

You can get them here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1481769

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1540084

Phone will get nice handy future - easy accesable set of tools.... mega handy!

Screenshot_2012-05-01-11-19-13.png

Forum Legend
Message 216 of 1,189
Message 216 of 1,189

Okh, finished reading, and it was quite interesting RAGman Slightly smiling Face icon_mrgreen.gif inv_biggrin.gifthumbs.gifthumbup.gifmrgreen2.gif

One time poster
Message 217 of 1,189
Message 217 of 1,189

Well I'm glad that someone is happy! I'm not happy at all with ICS. It looks great and awesome, sure, but performancewise it still has to be so much updated!

Well my question is: I'm going back to GB and I might give the Portuguese ICS a try whenever it's out (pfffffffffffffffff LOLOL next winter or something! Dizzy Face) but for now I'm not happy with ICS (well looks yes, performance no) and I'm really going back to my stock GB (going to root though Dizzy Face) and I want to know if the Xperia S leaked stuff is compatible with GB 2.3.4 or not???! :smileygrin:

Thanks Smiling Face with Sunglasses

Forum Legend
Message 218 of 1,189
Message 218 of 1,189

Okh, finished reading, and it was quite interesting RAGman icon_mrgreen.gif inv_biggrin.gifthumbs.gifthumbup.gifmrgreen2.gif

One question, You have Arc or Arc S ?

Okh George See your inbox mrgreen2.gif biggrin.png

dashingguyof2k one screenshot for you ( i have Arc S ) , if you have Neo V thn contact either of them- 100rabh791 or DM.      or any other user

Screenshot_2012-05-01-19-57-42.png

FAdrums everything of Xperia S runs like anything on GB

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 219 of 1,189
Message 219 of 1,189

Thanks Nabeel but what do you mean "runs like anything" on GB?

Forum Legend
Message 220 of 1,189
Message 220 of 1,189

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Without any problem,,,, :smileygrin: Winking Face