account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

One time poster
Message 201 of 1,189
Message 201 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Haha Thanks. Slightly smiling Face

And don't call urself a new bee's. Cause we all are newbee's in some level. I am just sharing info, which i have learned from others {Experts} and tried by my self. As long as it is good for all, I am happy. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 202 of 1,189
Message 202 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

i installed ics(neo v) than rooted but when im trying to repair it says: ''unable to install or start phone software components''. it shows the same error if i try to update official ics on xperia ray Slightly frowning Face

please help Nabeel

Forum Legend
Message 203 of 1,189
Message 203 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V ( Downgrade to Gingerbread)

Hi mate

Don't wory, its because of overloaded servers and would be fine within a day or 2 ( many people are facing )

Try using this http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

One time poster
Message 204 of 1,189
Message 204 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

I have rooted and done many changes right now. So if I just repair my phone using PC companion or SUS will all the changes and rooting be undone?? Will my phone revert back to its original condition??

Forum Legend
Message 205 of 1,189
Message 205 of 1,189

Yes,, all new system Slightly smiling Face

original Winking Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 206 of 1,189
Message 206 of 1,189

Once u repair u r phone will revert back to original un rooted condition. But if u face any error message from PCC or Update service, then do not worry, as Nabeel says, server is overloaded, as everybody is eating the ICE Cream and Sandwich these days.Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 207 of 1,189
Message 207 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel,thanks for your help to flash ICS and root. It's work very well on my phone except dialer open in long second. I don't face problem you said that required need to reinstall using SUS. Is it oke for me or there is other problem using only flashing firmware from this tread?

From yesterday I using stock fresh GB don't get any update from SONY, it says my firmware is up to date although my SI number is on the list to get upgrade. I'm from Indonesia.

And also, if I reinstall from SUS, it will download another 360MB right? or smaller? my internet not stable, afraid of failure in the middle of update

Thanks

Nara Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 208 of 1,189
Message 208 of 1,189

Dialer lag is something that everyone is facing

Nopes don't worry, you can keep going with the flashtool firmware, but it is advised to repair using pcc or sus for clear installation, although there is no problem at all with the flashtool

it will download 226 MB ,,, don't worry about internet stability. Sus firsts downloads the whole firmware and then starts updating your phone. so don't worry Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 209 of 1,189
Message 209 of 1,189

Thanks for your guilde. I hv sucessfully downgrade my Xperia Arc S from ICS to GB, everything fine except for my keyboard. I cann't convert my keyboard in between english/chinese input. Now, i am using international keyboard of which only with english input. Can u pls quide me the way to reinstal my chinese keyborad input.

Thanks.

Forum Legend
Message 210 of 1,189
Message 210 of 1,189

Messaging app > write new > tap and hold on input tray > input method > chinese keyboard Winking Face