account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 161 of 1,189
Message 161 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hey bro I'm from Philippines too.. Does the official ICS is already in the Philippines?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 162 of 1,189
Message 162 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hmm. Nabeel it seemed that i didnt need to follow your procedure as ICS is available in the philippines already (found out when I connected my phone via PCC). Now the odd thing is that i got unrooted once I updated to ICS Thinking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 163 of 1,189
Message 163 of 1,189

Hmm. is it even possible to be rooted while on official ICS? because if i update to ICS officially my root is gone and CWM is gone as well so i cant use nandroid backup. We know that we can only root devices using .42 or .58. Having said that, it seems that the only way for me to root again is to go back to GB .42/.58. Man, this sucks Slightly frowning Face (btw i updated to ICS via PCC) any ideas?

EDIT: MY bad Slightly smiling Face I just reviewed your guide and I just figured out that there is a way to root ICS haha! Thanks again Nabeel very helpful!

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 164 of 1,189
Message 164 of 1,189

Hey bro I'm from Philippines too, please post some reviews regarding with the new OS

neo
One time poster
Message 165 of 1,189
Message 165 of 1,189

Nabeel, this rom and the official update are defferent in one thing till now, call me crazy but the dialing pad (phone) is much faster Slightly smiling Face anyway i am happy and satisfied with it, thanks again.

One time poster
Message 166 of 1,189
Message 166 of 1,189

Well people (specially Nabeel and Auni which help me the most) I'm coming to update the status of my situation on the "Invalid Sim Card" problem.

I've been using a different sim card for two days with no problem at all which only means one thing: the sim card might be damaged if you flash the phone with it on. The mistake was mine but I think it's important to let everyone know that it's really important to take it off before any flashing occurs.

It also might have to do with the baseband but if you don't want to install a different baseband (other than .70) always remember  to take your sim card out before flashing.

Another thing I've noticed is that everybody is flashing without doing a backup of the stock rom which is quite alarming.

A friend of mine showed me this video which helped me to back it up so I'll post it here because I think it might help other also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB77gWRUI_A&feature=player_embedded&fb_source=message

I hope I've helped! :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 167 of 1,189
Message 167 of 1,189

Hi FAdrums,

Good info shared. It is always better to flash or update device with out the SIM card and Memory Card. It is not a must do but it is better if we can do so.

And I was trying the Baseband 70 in GB. Network reception seems very good also the mobile data but the battery charging time increased a lot.

One time poster
Message 168 of 1,189
Message 168 of 1,189

Hi Auni,

Yes I now know that it's always better to flash without the SIM card but when I first flashed I didn't as I'm a newbie in this android world. I simply wanted to share the info so people don't do the same as me and end up with a "burnt" SIM card.

But the situation is quite weird as the SIM card did work fine on GB but as soon as flash ICS it only holds max a couple of hours and the it starts showing the "invalid" message. Meh...changed number and that's it! Dizzy Face

One time poster
Message 169 of 1,189
Message 169 of 1,189

Well we all were Newbie sometimes. So chill. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 170 of 1,189
Message 170 of 1,189

Hello everyone!

I have the same problem with my Arc S, in service menu I see my software ver. WORLD-i_4.1.A.0.562 and the customization version is 1254_2284. My original region is 1254-1108.

Firstly I flashed Nordic version with Flashtool and then I followed Nabeel's guides.

But I can say that phone is much more stabile after updating through PCC. I had some network problems, they are gone. I also noticed some extra pre-installed programs with this update. I did not noticed these programs with this first Nordic version.

Thanks to all and happy flashingWinking Face

BR,

S