account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

One time poster
Message 141 of 1,189
Message 141 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Problem screenshots !!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 142 of 1,189
Message 142 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Servers are busy because of lots of request. So please wait.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 143 of 1,189
Message 143 of 1,189

Will this work for any region? or just India?

Or in other words..

I flashed generic .42 GB before for root then i OTA to .62 GB, and now my SI can get ICS. Do I still need to flash this to get ICS of my region?

Thanks in advance, and sorry I'm new to all this Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 144 of 1,189
Message 144 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel,

Really appreciate ur effort to help us.

For downgrading to GB is there no ROM for Ray?? Please let us know on where the GB ROM is available.

Forum Legend
Message 145 of 1,189
Message 145 of 1,189

oops, sorry for the inconvenience buddy, i actually forgot,, became mad when Sony released it
fixed it,, enjoy Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 146 of 1,189
Message 146 of 1,189

Nabeel when I clicked on the GB rom link for Ray, it says "This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader." Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 147 of 1,189
Message 147 of 1,189

hi nabeel. the gb rom for arc s is for india?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 148 of 1,189
Message 148 of 1,189

I did with your ways and it works great but now, when i connect phone to pc on the flash mode directions, not happens anything as picture showing it.

My OS > Windows XP SP3 and Regional Settings In English Everything

My Device> Xperia Neo V

Firmware> 62

qwqwqq.JPG

Forum Legend
Message 149 of 1,189
Message 149 of 1,189

Fixed,,, start start start :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Nopes, it is global,, however when you will update your mobile to ICS through pc companion, PCC would detect you indian SI and would update you to indian ICS 

Master
Message 150 of 1,189
Message 150 of 1,189

ics now avaialble in india Slightly smiling Face