account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 121 of 1,189
Message 121 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Hello Tytan,

Are you asking about Nabeel's ICS installation procedure? If it is then yes it will work. I believe you are on Stock android OS Gingerbread with any of the following firmware versions. 0.42/0.58/0.62. Then to install ICS just follow Nabeel's process. Rooting doesn't have negative impact on this, so do not worry.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 122 of 1,189
Message 122 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Yup, you are correct auni. FW .62 and stock kernel. Locked bl and rooted using doomlord's guide. I was concerned coz I'm currently on a custom rom. Guess I should go back to stock rom before I update to ics. Thanks very much auni for your response. Ill try to up date later. Thanks!

One time poster
Message 123 of 1,189
Message 123 of 1,189

If you are in custom ROM i don't think there should not be a problem to flash the ICS in your system. You have also Locked BL so everything should be fine.

And since ICS is also easily rootable then i guess u can give it a try. and if possible, you can flash any Gingerbread Stock ROM to your decie and then flash ICS. [Just a thought]

an if you are using any custom ROM then you had your bootloader unlocked earlier to try that ROM, right?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 124 of 1,189
Message 124 of 1,189

Nope. Never unlocked my bootloader. Its a rom meant to work for locked bl. Yup, I guess flashing a stock rom would be the safest way. Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 125 of 1,189
Message 125 of 1,189

Don't take a chance, flash one stock gb rom and go ahead for ICS althought there shouldn't be any problem, but still to be on the safe site .... Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 126 of 1,189
Message 126 of 1,189

new si numbers has been added to the thread please have alook at,, ICS has been released in india as well,, check your si

all the best :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 127 of 1,189
Message 127 of 1,189

i need to downgrade to gb indian version can u plz send me the link..i cant find it..i have been using ics nordic firmware..is there anyway to install the ics indian firmware directly..

Forum Legend
Message 128 of 1,189
Message 128 of 1,189

Re: downgrading ics to gb by installing custom rom

Downgrading to Gingerbread

There are 2 stes to downgrade

1) Official - Handing in the Xperia at Sony Service center You can request to have 2.3 installed on your phone ( warranty would remain )

2) Unofficial- Flash Gingerbread using Flashtool (your warranty would get void)

Here is how

Remember flashing may void your warranty and you are doing it at your own risk

This is how to downgrade

1)-Download flashtool- Flashtool and install it

Go to C:/ Drive > flashtool > firmwares > delete everything present and exit

2) Use saved rom from step 2) above or download rom

Xperia
Header 2Header 3Header 4
Xperia S LT266.0.A.3.756.0.A.3.73
Xperia P LT22

Xperia U

Xperia Sola

Xperia4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.58
4.0.2.A.0.62
Arc S4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62 Link 2
Arc4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62
Neo V4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62
Neo4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62
Ray4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62
Pro (*)4.0.2.A.0.424.0.2.A.0.584.0.2.A.0.62
Play4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62

Live with walkman

4.0.2.A.0.424.0.2.A.0.584.0.2.A.0.62
Mini4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62
Mini Pro (*)4.0.2.A.0.42

Active4.0.2.A.0.42

(*) On devices with a hardware keyboard be aware that the layout follows the flashing

if the rom is of .rar type then extract it to get the .ftf file

3) NOTE: only .ftf files to be placed

All users, place .ftf file as follow- copy .ftf file to C:/ > flashtool> firmwares > and paste

4) Run flashtool> click on the flashing icon ( left side below "file" option),,,Select flashmode > ok

5) left side you must see your firmware name and contents, if you are not able to see contents then use an older version of flashtool ,, on the right side mark boxes as

rgtfsd.png

select ok

6)Wait for it to prepare and it will ask you to connect your mobile, follow the steps carefully and connect flashing will begin and flash

Done

One time poster
Message 129 of 1,189
Message 129 of 1,189

Re: UPDATED CONTENT {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

thank you..

One time poster
Message 130 of 1,189
Message 130 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel.

Can u plz upload ICS indian frimware anywhere? Seeing this thread I had updated my Ray to Nordic ICS. However now that its released in india. I wud lik to have Indian frimware. Could you please help us?