account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 111 of 1,189
Message 111 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Thanks for your reply Auni!

Well I'm still trying my other sim card with no problems so far. But I only had it on for a couple of hours so it's to soon to say if the problem relied on the card itself. The strange thing is that It seems that I'm the only one with this problem so far. I've searched most foruns and didn't find anyone else with my problem.

Well let's wait to see the results of my experiment and hope it's just the card otherwise this ICS update is going to dash unless they use different basebands for specific countrys and carriers.

Thanks for your feedback Auni! :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 112 of 1,189
Message 112 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

First of All you are welcome Slightly smiling Face

No you are not the only one. Many users in XDA also [XDA is the recognized forum for Android developers] faced this issue.

I would say that wait and see if it gets better with time.

One time poster
Message 113 of 1,189
Message 113 of 1,189

I Flashed ICS twice, the problem remains same. And WiFi is better in GB for me.

One time poster
Message 114 of 1,189
Message 114 of 1,189

Sorry Nabeel! Didn't realised that that word was considered swearing! My apologies! :smileyblush:

@ Auni (sorry don't know how to tag! Dizzy Face ) - Well I've searched on XDA and I didn't find anything. In fact if you search "ICS invalid SIM card" on google the post that comes on the top is my post on XDA! :smileygrin:

Let's hope everything get's sorted! Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 115 of 1,189
Message 115 of 1,189

Ahhh, don't be sorry buddy, cheers, just take care in future( people from all over the world are seeing) Slightly smiling Face

I agin edited your message above Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 116 of 1,189
Message 116 of 1,189

That's what I came to understand xD

Thanks anyway ^^

One time poster
Message 117 of 1,189
Message 117 of 1,189

I am trying a new thing. I have installed the Baseband 70 [ICS Baseband] on my Gingerbread OS. Let's see how it works. will report soon.

One time poster
Message 118 of 1,189
Message 118 of 1,189

Awesome Auni! Let's see how it works! Bring that feedback! :smileygrin:

Demigod
Message 119 of 1,189
Message 119 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Testing...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 120 of 1,189
Message 120 of 1,189

Hi Nabeel, my neo v is currently rooted with locked bl. Would following your procedure work?