account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{GUIDE} How to Install Jelly Bean , ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) and Gingerbread on Xperia™ Smartphones, as well as root them

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 101 of 1,189
Message 101 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

It didnt work... that was the first thing that i do.. reboot reboot reboot! and nothing!!! it seems that conecting trough wifi( 3g sharing from other phone works). The thing is that the first time i boot it up works and then it didnt work anymore... The other thing that happen is that the pages in the borwser charge lika  a column.. google too!! it looks small and in a column.... and when i zoom it... it doesnt fix this...

I think i have to get back to gb... can i flash the gb back?

One time poster
Message 102 of 1,189
Message 102 of 1,189

Re: {GUIDE} Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) as well as root Arc S , Ray and Neo V

Too bad it is not working for you. works for me though, but it is painful to restart everytime.

You can flash back to GB any time using flash tools. Remember flashing may void your warranty.

did you updated to ICS via PCC or using Flash tools. If it is flash tools then you should not consider about warranty then i guess.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 103 of 1,189
Message 103 of 1,189

Hi!

Thanks for the tutorial, it's really detailed and well presented.

The SONY ICS 4.0.3 ROM works perfectly on my whole new SE Xperia Arc S (LT18i).

Just a little thing I could say is about the Backup & Restore :

Perhaps it's only for me, but I don't think so,

but using a backup from the Gingerbread on ICS brings troubles,

I flashed it again and reinstalled without it and it all works fine,

Backup & Restore probably isn't  compatible with ICS.

Might be helpful to indicate not to use it after the flash.

Hope it helped.

Have a nice day !

Adrian DC

One time poster
Message 104 of 1,189
Message 104 of 1,189

Hi there Auni,

I've read your post and I can relate to it. In my case everything in ICS works fine beside the fact that I sometimes get "Invalid Sim Card - Restart". Do you think It might be an ICS problem with recognizing specific carrier SIM's?

If it's so, it most probably will do the same even with my countrys ICS official update. Whenever it may come's out.

I've been testing another sim card and with this one (a brand new card) it hasn´t happened (at least yet) and with my regular card it only holds fine for a couple of hour (or less) and then it show's the invalid message again.

Do you have any ideas about it? Thanks.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 105 of 1,189
Message 105 of 1,189

thnx ics rocks........totally awsome...as far as the glitches others say...there is none...works awsome on my neo V.......... :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face.....thnx for the awsome guide Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 106 of 1,189
Message 106 of 1,189

FAdrums

The problem i face is like that - -

Mobile Network/GSM Data doesn't work after i enable it first time. I need to enable/disable 2-3 times using the Data traffic widget, only then it works. Some times it requires restarting the device also. Which is painful.

I also get No Signal sometimes and it remains for 2-3 mins. [It's surprising cause I am using the best network operator available in my country]

WiFi connects/disconnects randomly even in a good WiFI range.

Problems mentioned above i never faced in GB.

Now if I am not wrong the mobile/carrier network performance is a Baseband related issue. In Gingerbread OS, we had Baseband 64/36 and 58.

According to experts, baseband 64 and 36 gave the best result of network reception.

I personally used Baseband 64  in Gingerbread--- which gave amazing network reception.

Now ICS comes with Baseband 70. Which I think may not yet compatible with some network operator's reception.

I am affraid there is no such solution available yet about this. Thinking Face

Let's hope SONY will find a solution for it soon.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 107 of 1,189
Message 107 of 1,189

really..........in my neoV....the wifi has gotten better...it doesnt disconnect and the signal is top notch...i have bsnl sim card

One time poster
Message 108 of 1,189
Message 108 of 1,189

Then consider your self lucky and i hope that it will stay good for you. Slightly smiling Face

As i said, the baseband may not work in same state with all network flawlessly. May be the baseband working well with BSNL [India] network.

NB: The WiFi worked first time after the fresh Installment and downloaded good amount of data as well. Later on the problem strated. Many user in XDA also reported the same.

Forum Legend
Message 109 of 1,189
Message 109 of 1,189

Even my wifi has improved and i am confused as to why people are facing problems

AdrianDC, thanks buddy, but backup is for people who wish to again go back to gb after installing ics. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 110 of 1,189
Message 110 of 1,189

i had the wifi problem in gingerbread..i reinstalled it and it was fixed..maybe u should try reinstalling ics!!!!