account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

G8142_1308-8226_45.0.A.7.137-R5A_Customized_CE1.ftf extraction error

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

G8142_1308-8226_45.0.A.7.137-R5A_Customized_CE1.ftf extraction error

Hello, I have downloaded G8142_1308-8226_45.0.A.7.137-R5A_Customized_CE1.ftf from Xpericheck (alfafile.net host) but somehow I am not able to extract this ftf witn 7zip (and with WinRAR). It gives me an error so I am not sure if package is corrupted (doubt it). SHA-1 checksum of ftf is 45772ad09c580e282c48f5a3eb91fb38e06a57cd. Could somebody tell me how to extract it, pls? Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: G8142_1308-8226_45.0.A.7.137-R5A_Customized_CE1.ftf extraction error

There is no way to create .ftf for Xperia XZ Premium, XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, as Flashtool doesn't support this devices (yet?). Meaning that it is created in "generic device mode".Coz of that it may be broken.

Not sure why they are adding "working" ftfs for this 3 devices... I think it's somekind of clickbait and, as You need premium to dl files over 1 GB, way to make money?

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I don't understand it either. But flashtool is not official Sony utility, right? Even if it was, it wouldn't make any sense of giving us broken files like that.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

No, Flashtool is not official utility, but .ftfs are not Sony's thing either, they're archives made by Flashtool.

The problem with XZ Premium and XZ1/Compact is that they uses new flashing standard. Because of that Flashtool doesn't support them. Additionaly their firmware is built differently than other Xperias.

Because of that, Flashtool has no way of creating working .ftf with firmwares of this 3 devices, but still there is possibility to autocreate the .ftf, which doesn't mind flashing standard or if Flashtool supports the device. And coz of that there could be created broken archive.

Than as there is no .fsc sript for XZ Premium or XZ1/Compact, so there is no way to check if .ftf is OK. At least no other way than trying to unpack it manually.  They (who upload it for Xpericheck) have a lot of firmwares to upload and checking every single one of them would take time, so I don't think they saw a need to check it... 

However do You really need CE1 firmware? There are .137 from other regions (not made by Xpericheck) and You won't see any differences when using it.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi!

I sent you a message.

Thanks!